Aliens Colonial Marine Boarding Party/Raider Costume.

Antixx

Hi guys so after watching all 15 parts of RPF Member bigbisont 's Aluminum Colonial Marine Armor build, I figured I'd like to have a go at something slightly different. I had the idea of marines meant to specifically board enemy ships, equipped with standard M3 armor, close quarters weapons, and compression suits in case of loss of Atmosphere.

This is my inspiration from the Aliens Colonial Marine Technical Manual:
1662732796568.png

I'd be using a non Firing SPAS-12 resin dummy for any cons I'd go to of course and maybe pick up a resin VP70 for the holster.

For the Compression suit I was thinking maybe I could use a black wetsuit with some additional patches in various shapes sewn on to create that scifi space suit look reminiscent of The Martian suits. I'd also add some cargo pockets and airbrush a grey splinter camo pattern on.

The only truly hard part I can forsee is the helmet. I've never even fathomed creating something like it and was wondering what y'all thought. Because I'd like to do the bubble helmet as shown. But I could also see some kind of smaller SCBA style mask hooked up to the life support pack being both more practical and still in universe correct.

I was hoping to get some thoughts and maybe some tips on things to look out for before I enter this rabbit hole. Thanks ahead of time for your input!

I would start taking a look at NASA and movie space suit builds (ALIEN) etc.... to see what others have done for helmets.
Keep in mind you will want some sort of cooling fans to keep it from fogging up.

Also using a neoprene wet-suit may end up being rather warm, depending on where you plan on wearing it.
Just wearing regular BDU's and armor can get warm depending on the location and time of year.

The description does say they wear a set of BDU's over the compression suit so having and actual body glove won't be necessary.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back