ALIEN Statue cast in Bronze (1979 Movie version)

Thank you.

finished the 2nd one. Ist a little bit more standing up, like the museum one.

IMG_7064.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

IMG_7067.JPG

IMG_7068.JPG

IMG_7070.JPG

finished the metal-work on the first cast. there are still some little holes in the surface, but in the end its cast metal, so the surface will never be as perfect as a resin cast. but anyway I am pretty satisfied how it came out. I will make a bronze base for it next week and I will give the figure a nice patina with silver nitrate. I have used it at my last attempt of a bronze alien and it worked out very well. The Silver gives it a grayish color that is rally close to the alien appearance in the movie.

IMG_7072.JPG

IMG_7073.JPG

IMG_7074.JPG

IMG_7076.JPG

IMG_7077.JPG

the second sculpture is in the oven now too, so it will be cast next week...

Doh - I missed the Coke. Thanks

Are you going to offer them for sale?

I am not sure about that. Maybe. But if, it will be just a few figures. Maybe I will do 10 slightly different statues but I will keep 2 or 3 myself and another 3 are already reserved by friends of mine. It also depends on the costs for the casting I ll have to pay to the foundry. So a bronze cast is of course much more expensive than resin.
But the whole thing is still at the beginning. I ll have to see how the next figures come out and how the steel teeth will work...

Wow. It's such a beautiful sculpt. Amazing job! I particularly like the use of guitar strings for the ribbed details.

Wow. It's such a beautiful sculpt. Amazing job! I particularly like the use of guitar strings for the ribbed details.

Thanks. It´s actual just wire I wrapped with another using a drill driver. Much cheaper than guitar stings and you can also use the diameter you need. But I thought of using guitar strings and also coils for e-cigarettes when I started sculpting.

Gonna do a run of these guys?

maybe a very small number run, I don´t know if you can call it a run. My plan now is to make around 10 slightly different figures in different poses and some with stainless steel teeth. I will keep 2 by my self and some are reserved for some friends of mine. but its still not clear, how much my costs for the foundry are and. Maybe I ll be able to offer 3 or 5 figures, but as I said, I´ll have to see, how the next figures will come out. still at the beginning.

Thank you all. Glad you like it and still happy how it came out with the silver.

here is the next one going to be moulded tomorrow.

IMG_7105.JPG

IMG_7106.JPG

IMG_7107.JPG

this time with the steel teeth. I also gave this one a little bit wider stand and shortened the arms a little bit to look more natural.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back