'Alien' Ripley's Flight Suit and her Flamethrower.

yuumi2891103

Master Member
Today, we are going to go to Tokyo Comic Convention 2018.

My wife said she wants to attend in a heroine costume. So I have suggested her to try Alien's Ripley costume.
I had a tank crew jump suit which is very similar to that movie version. Ripley's flight suit has a very characteristic parts like corset in its back.

oj8Lsx9.jpg

Yesterday, I politely asked my daughter No.1 to modify it.

Thanks to her professional skill of sewing, the modification finished in only 2 hours. ( unbelievable!)
It's perfect!
58ubPQ3.jpg

5POhew8.jpg

2pRxPKa.jpg

Also, I had built her flamethrower.
b8BDMv3.jpg

h1WDE1s.jpg

8dYQ3RS.jpg

And I showed it to her proudly.
' How about this? Flamethrower!'
' Wow, looking good.... I thought her flamethrower has two gas bottles here. This has only one red bottle. Why? '
- OMG, She did her research already.....
' Oh, o, OK, I just forgot it, I'll fix it up in no time. '

Then I look for the patches and emblem over an internet.
'$19 for a emblem of Nostromo!, No way!'
Then I downloaded that image and made it with a thermal transfer printing.
QagLQDb.jpg

Jv0GONK.jpg

AIvnozJ.jpg

BlwfjIy.jpg

lbQxPvG.jpg

XtJOMWv.jpg

xBnhZuj.jpg

The only thing missing is her long curly hair. My wife had cut her hair a few month ago.

OK, we are ready to hit the convention!

I will post report soon!

Thanks for watching!

katsu

Last edited:
With all the talent in your family, that nasty Nostromo Xenomorph doesn't stand a chance! Congratulations to all of you on an excellent costume.

Ted.

With all the talent in your family, that nasty Nostromo Xenomorph doesn't stand a chance! Congratulations to all of you on an excellent costume.

Ted.

Tank you very much for your kind comment, Ted-san.

That's great!

Thank you, Mike-san

Congratulations to all three of you. Well done all around!

Thank you, Tom-san.

That looks excellent. What shoes does she wear to complete it?

Thank you very much. I bought her a pare of white Converse All Star.
AxoSFlq.jpg

Here are some pics of the convention.

Harley Davidson's corner. Several motor cycles were displayed.
Each of them are the one appeared in the famous movie.

EbSSj3c.jpg

ptlEqn2.jpg

One cute American girl costumed of Lala Croft.

mfDNnTr.jpg

There she is.

XDLMt8O.jpg

Here's my daughter No.2 Miki
She is crazy about any Batman things.

8fvZe7x.jpg

Me, my wife and daughter Miki were on the first day.
Here's a pic with Mr Peter 'Robo Cop' Weller.

K052hvk.jpg

Although, not so many people here would know him but I always love his acting. Especially, I love one of the episode of 'Fringe' . It's the 'White Tulip'. After that photo shot, I could have a very brief moment to talk to him. I told him that how I impressed by that story and his role. He seems so happy and he said to me twice, 'That was special, that was special'
That was my happiest moment on that convention.

My daughter No.1 Yuki hit the convention on the second day with her friends. She is in a same costume my wife wore.
Look, my wife is 5 feet 10 inches tall on a barefoot. Yuki is only 5 feet 4 inches. I don't know how she adjusted that costume in only 30 minutes.
It fit her perfectry. She also wearing her hair curled.

cftbWLo.jpg

xMwQwnB.jpg

She was happened to be appeared in a press report of IGN Japan.
Please check at 14:45.
:)

東京コミコン2018に行ってきました!:出張版 銀幕にポップコーン

Thanks for looking!

Great pictures.

If you haven't seen it, look up the movie "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension." Peter Weller and a bunch of other good actors. Strange, strange movie, but a lot of fun. It includes this bit of wisdom: "Remember: no matter where you go, there you are."

Great pictures.

If you haven't seen it, look up the movie "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension." Peter Weller and a bunch of other good actors. Strange, strange movie, but a lot of fun. It includes this bit of wisdom: "Remember: no matter where you go, there you are."
Beat me to it.
Anyways, congrats on the splendid job with the costume! I assumed you had just found a g-4b until I looked closer. Your wife and daughter look excellent, I think they really embody the character with flightsuit.
Also, congrats on the IGN thing and for doing a great job with the flamethrower!

Great pictures.

Beat me to it.
Anyways, congrats on the splendid job with the costume! I assumed you had just found a g-4b until I looked closer. Your wife and daughter look excellent, I think they really embody the character with flightsuit.
Also, congrats on the IGN thing and for doing a great job with the flamethrower!

I am very sorry for the late reply.

We went to a survival game last Saturday. That wad so exciting and fun.
My wife and my daughter Yuki are crazy about it.
But I got a bad cold and I was in a bed for few days.

Tom san, thanks for the info about that movie.
Its too bad that the video is not released in Japan. I saw the trailer on Youtube and I liked it in sight.

Searcher san,
Thank you very much for the kind words.
My daughter Yuki is so happy to hear that.
We may have to start the planning for the next year.

Play survival game in fully equipped with military uniform and lay myself down on a cold soils. I can't explain well but I felt a kind of ultimate excitement.

This is me in game pics that the staff of the survival game field shot every one and upload on their website.

9QuEEgH.jpg

And my wife.

IkVtg01.jpg

To my great surprise, my wife has been completely stick on the game. She said she never ever had such excitement in her life. Looking at her move, I thought she is the natural born killer. We enjoyed each games from 9 am to 4 pm including flag battle, counter battle, sniping game and handgun only fire fight. The duration of each session is 10 minutes. We enjoyed more than 10 games. Every one there was very polite, kind and honest persons.

Katsu

Last edited:
All this is great!
I think a certain well-known member (Indy Magnoli) may have been inspired by your excellent job on the flightsuit, as he just happened to list this on his site:
Ripley Flight Suit
Also, your survival game story was a fun read!
Can’t wait to see what kind of plans you cook up for next year!

All this is great!
I think a certain well-known member (Indy Magnoli) may have been inspired by your excellent job on the flightsuit, as he just happened to list this on his site:
Ripley Flight Suit
Also, your survival game story was a fun read!
Can’t wait to see what kind of plans you cook up for next year!

Woow, that is great!
Thanks!

Glad you and your family had such a good time, and hope you're feeling better. That does look like a lot of fun.

Tom san, thanks! Im ok now.
I never thought that I could play the game l did in my childhood.

Katsu

That came out awesome!

I wore those CVC overalls for many years as a tanker. Is the trap door still functional?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back