Alien Resurrection, Am I missing something?

STpropguy76

Hello Everyone,

I need some help understanding a few things about this film.

I just watched it again as it was the only thing on T.v at that moment.

I know some of the Alien fans here will chime in.

-1st-
thing that is really bothering me, Can anyone tell me How/Why did the Black Guy Die?
(The actor that is on CSI)
His character holds his breath and swims like a football field, Then kills Alien eggs that are hatching, Then climbs a ladder with another guy on his back, Then is followed up the ladder by an Alien that can avoid bullets like a Player in any of the Halo games by moving left to right.
He gets a little Alien spit/acid on his face.
Then for some reason goes limp, like he was suddenly parallelized?
The guy on his back switches places with him and is now the one holding both of them to the ladder, The Alien then gets shot dead but is loosely dangling from the toe of his boot.
The guy suddenly has use of his hands again but for some unknown reason can not flick a dead dangling alien off of his boot so instead of trading places with the other guy on the ladder, He unhooks himself and even uses a knife to cut himself free of the other guy and then just falls a short distance back into the same water he just moments before came out of and is suddenly dead??

Am I missing something?
How/Why did he die?

2nd
thing is then the Robot/Riders character is shot and falls into the water, Then moments later is on the other side of the locked door were she was shot?

What is going on?

Then another few minutes later the Doctor that shot the Robot/Riders character and saw her fall to his belief to be dead, Then holds a gun to her head and threats to kill her again?

Did he not remember he had already shot her?
Did he not know that he was threating to kill a robot that no one else liked anyway?

I have many other questions but these are the top that are bothering me at the moment.

Sorry if this is covered in another Thread....

......Jeremiah

Watched this on Blu yesterday, so I'm right up there with ya!

1. Christie is the vainest man in the universe, and can't bare to have an Alien juice burn marr his perfect face, so he commits suicide.

Seriously, in the script, he is killed by Alien blood, just like Drake in Aliens. The Alien spit doesn't happen. Stupid. Plothole.

2. The only explanation is that she finds another access ladder under water and comes up in a different part of the corridor. Which is stupid, so, plothole. Again, s'all different in the script.

The Doctor shoots Call in the chest, thinking she's human. The second time, he knows she is a droid. We've seen that the head can exist without the body in previous movies, so presumably droids are like zombies - have to shoot em in the head to kill 'em.

Conclusion - Plausible.

Here's a few more - The science team must know the Aliens have acid for blood, they have Weyland Yutani's files, right? So why don't they take any precautions to have the Aliens confined in acid-proof cells?

When Purvis 'explodes' the doc's head with his chestburster, they all open fire on the beastie. So how come The Betty doesn't decompress from all the acid released?

What's up with the Alien's legs??

And the biggest question. The Newborn. Why?

Bsically, it's a dumb movie.

Joss Whedon's actual script for the film was better. The final film is loosely based on it. Christie was an amalgam of 2 or three characters from that script.

Alien blood doesn't seem to stop eroding for some time. It can melt metal quickly, and multiple decks of a spaceship and colony facility at that. So, I just figured it eventually ate away most of his head and he died.

Can't say I noticed the thing with Call. But it's been a few years since I've seen the film. I know there is a longer cut of the film on the quadrilogy that was a better watch than the theatrical release though.

Here's a few more - The science team must know the Aliens have acid for blood, they have Weyland Yutani's files, right? So why don't they take any precautions to have the Aliens confined in acid-proof cells?

This was one of the main issues I had with the film. Couldnt stop thinking about how stupid the scientists were I mentally gave up on the rest of the film.

About the acid-proof cells--- I always got the impression that nothing could withstand the alien's acid-blood.

Except Pvt Hudson's left arm in "Aliens"... He got a good spray of it during the APC escape; they wrapped it in a bandage. He was fine for the rest of the film. :rolleyes

I too have not watched the film in ages (and the special edition isn't that much better than the theatrical release). It truly was a mess of plotholes and ridiculous concepts: a "pregnant" Queen "screaming" during birth... really? That laughable scene could only to be topped by the "newborn" itself.

The fact is this movie is a testament to the old adage "money talks." Weaver swore she was done with the Alien franchise with Alien3. Dangle 11 million in front of her (becoming the highest paid actress of the time) and she's willing to become Ripley/Rainman/Wonder Woman 8. :rolleyes

Kevin

Last edited:
Bad writing and a director that doesnt care about the core of the other films.

The legs. It has been a while since I thought of the xeno evolution, but they take traits from their hosts right? Maybe this breed is closer to the original legs, or has another blood line then the ones in the first movies. It was a stupid mistake to do it in the film trying to make it original.

I havent rewatched it for a loooong time. For me Ripley died in A3, and it was one of the best endings ever. Man Im starting to sound like the SW PT haters, LOL.

The thing about the acid - I can accept that nothing is impervious to its affect, so why the hell have an experimental facility in space??

They even negate the 'we didn't know they would turn on each other' excuse by having the alien spit acid at Christie :rolleyes

And he ain't dead when he lets go of the ladder - the acid has clearly stopped burning, with fairly minor burns, and he consciously releases the harnesses strapping him to Vriess, rather than even try and shake off the alien's tenuous grip on his toe.

Silly film.

Any attempts to control or contain the Alien's is DUMB. But you are talking about a series of films were Weyland always wants to capture them. Of course in this one they had an as load of them and still couldn't come up with anything useful.:facepalm

The legs. It has been a while since I thought of the xeno evolution, but they take traits from their hosts right? Maybe this breed is closer to the original legs, or has another blood line then the ones in the first movies. It was a stupid mistake to do it in the film trying to make it original.

Ugh, digitigrade legs are just 'in' with designers. Since forever. Seriously tired of it now (half the characters in Mass Effect have them, for god's sake. Even one of the love interest characters.)

In A3 it made some sort of sense and they had an elegant design of the creature; best after the original, IMO. In AR, no thanks.

Man Im starting to sound like the SW PT haters, LOL.

Your journey to the Dark S...oh I can't be bothered, never mind. :p

Silly film.

Whedon reportedly hates it. He doesn't make the excuse "they messed with my script", aside from the ending (which in his version was a bit transparently an attempt to recapture the coolness of the powerloader/queen battle. It was definitely better than what they gave us, though.)

Rather he complains that nobody was given accurate direction on their lines, so emphasis is all over the place and even the meaning of some lines is altered. Several characters are so cartoonish that I see his point.

Still, there's that nice line near the beginning: "She IS severely ****able, isn't she?" So, thanks, Joss!

****able?
Sigourney Weaver?
Yeah No Thanks, I will take a pass on that.

I do not find her sexy/attractive (Beer goggles) or not in Any movie she has been in.
For a few minutes maybe in Galaxy Quest -Maybe-.

.............Jeremiah

Not Ripley. Call was the subject of that line

Oh...:)
Well I still stand by my statement.

Ever notice the scientists state that they made this Ripley from Blood samples of the Original Ripley.

I guess that explains how she has all of the Original Ripley's memories, As memories are transfered through blood, Right?

I guess I will have to remember that when I donate at the Red Cross.

............Jeremiah

Well, if you recall, when Hicks got alien blood splattered on his armor
towards the end of Aliens, he suddenly became a limp buscuit which
Ripley has to force him to walk to the drop ship after he got out of the
elevator. Similar to that Christy guy.

I figure he was limp enough that when he fell into the water with the
Alien hanging on, it just pulled him under and he drowned. my guess anyways.

The whole Acid blood thing was all over the place for all of the films.

The one thing I never understood in Aliens is why did Bishop start bleeding acid
when the queen thrusts her tail through him. The floor starts melting
even before she pops through him. I never got that part. Bishop has acid for
blood too?

Alien three was screwy right from the start. How did the queen manage
to get an egg into the sleep chamber room (On the ceiling no less) and
that the Facehugger laid an embryo inside of Ripley AND the dog?

I know some people have said that the QUEEN Facehugger (seen in the
extended cut) was able to produce two embryos an was in her cryotube
on the way down to the planet.

It is like there was no real thought put into these other films when making them.

The one thing I never understood in Aliens is why did Bishop start bleeding acid
when the queen thrusts her tail through him. The floor starts melting
even before she pops through him. I never got that part. Bishop has acid for
blood too?

I just always assumed that the Queen was wounded and bleeding, either from pulling off the egg sac or from squeezing into the land gear bay.

A:R is just all over the place horrid. I hadn't watched it in a few years and caught on of the marathon showings over the last few weeks, and unlike wine it is not getting better with age.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back