Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Just a heads up for those who might be looking for a plush facehugger accessory: ThinkGeek is having a Pi Day sale – use the code PIDAY19 for 31.4% off at checkout.

I just ordered myself one, plus their 'replica' Nostromo bowl with the Weylan-Yutani wings print on it (which is already marked down). Hopefully that arrives in one piece.

I'm waiting on my Randy laces so I'm fixin' to lay the iron to Mike's NOSTROMO iron-on and I'm as nervous as I was when I first put the thing into the royal blue dye.

And that worked out OK, and I've done some tests with the W-Y wings Mike thoughtfully included and I think I have the hang of it, but... :)

I know this is 10 YEARS after your post, but how did you come to acquire the Nostromo iron-on? Thanks!

Yeap--this is what I plan to do as well. Have you decided what color to paint the lettering? I'm going to start with PMS 5415 and lighten or darken from there.

cfae1861.png
I’d love the file to make a stencil, if the offer is open. Thanks!

Folks this thread is amazing!! I have read thru it two times already gleaning all the info I can.

With all the great info I've been inspired to pull together a Kane style Jacket to wear to 'Prometheus'.

Now begins the search for a size 8 MK3...

I plan on using my digital cutter to make a stencil from an Illustrator file for the back lettering. Will gladly share that if anyone wants it.

Thanks for the inspiration!
-Jono
jackDroid

Are you still offering the file for stencils. I’d love to try making a stencil. Thanks!

StillerOnline, I'm (slowly) working on a Nostromo jacket(s) as well. I picked up one of Banzai88's templates (I need to get a second, now that I think about it...), and am planning on stenciling a color closer to Pantone 571 C, based on Stephen210's post ( Alien / Nostromo Uniforms ).

I have two MK3s - both from the early 2000s, both green, one pretty worn/weathered/faded and the other in near-new condition. I don't plan to swap out any buttons since they are more in keeping with the green-toned zippers, lace materials, etc. I was fortunate enough to receive an unpadded pen pocket that I will swap out on the newer jacket (since it is a closer color match).

StillerOnline, I'm (slowly) working on a Nostromo jacket(s) as well. I picked up one of Banzai88's templates (I need to get a second, now that I think about it...), and am planning on stenciling a color closer to Pantone 571 C, based on Stephen210's post ( Alien / Nostromo Uniforms ).

I have two MK3s - both from the early 2000s, both green, one pretty worn/weathered/faded and the other in near-new condition. I don't plan to swap out any buttons since they are more in keeping with the green-toned zippers, lace materials, etc. I was fortunate enough to receive an unpadded pen pocket that I will swap out on the newer jacket (since it is a closer color match).

That’s smart. I was looking over the jacket and it would be really difficult removing the buttons anyway with the way they’re looped into the stitched webbing. Plus, like you said, it’ll blend in with the zippers.

So, you plan on buying various acrylic paints and blending them to make Pantone 571c? Smart. That color does look damn close to the movie’s!

NOSTROMO heat transfer color.

Here is the color we are using. It is as close as we can find. I think we are pretty darn close. With a little weathering it will be dead on. the monotor really doesn't show good but trust, me it looks like the one I took these pictures at Bob's house.

442pastgreen.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg
Looks legit! How did you come upon that color? Did you buy a particular paint or a bunch of various hues and blend them until you discovered what you wanted?

Wow... and £120 for postage too! I can live with the two sage greens I have! (I keep hoping to make Kane's jacket but it's a slow work in progress.)

Good question, I don't recall the exact figure but somewhere between £40 and £45 seems about right.
They were at St James Retail Park near Sheffield, size 10 (bit too big for me).

Hi all. fantastic site you have here, brilliant work both on your uniforms & information is very interesting it see how others over came the problems involved in construction of jackets ect, have been working away on my own one with much advice from here & a few tweeks of my own. even though I watched Alien many times there is things I only noticed since working the jacket like this photo of Ripley wearing a crew jacket, Looks like Kane's one or maybe the one that is said to be Kane's is an old Ripley one. Anyhow Thanks one & all.

Attachments

• original-image--2812x1200jpeg.jpeg
    original-image--2812x1200jpeg.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 489
Jason 1428...as you've seen the publicity pics for the movie, Ripley is never wearing a jacket...only her flight suit. For that shot, it's probably the jacket of another actor. Since Sigourney is a tall woman, they chose the actor closest to her size...Tom Skerritt maybe?

Hi all. fantastic site you have here, brilliant work both on your uniforms & information is very interesting it see how others over came the problems involved in construction of jackets ect, have been working away on my own one with much advice from here & a few tweeks of my own. even though I watched Alien many times there is things I only noticed since working the jacket like this photo of Ripley wearing a crew jacket, Looks like Kane's one or maybe the one that is said to be Kane's is an old Ripley one. Anyhow Thanks one & all.

Hi Jason

That Image you've posted is a Photoshop of Ripleys Head over Kane when he's trying to contact Antarctica traffic control

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back