Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Nostromo2124

"im looking everywhere to find some affordable but they’ve become pretty rare..."

Nostromo2124 The PF's or D-rings? I found both online with little effort. :cool:
No, the d-rings are no problem, of course, but I’m not able to find any Germany based seller of pf flyers under 100€ or EU based sellers with shipping costs under 20€ !
Maybe some explanation of my financial situation
I’m 18 now and making my A level, so all the money I’ve got are my savings from birthdays and so on, until I start my voluntary social year in a few months and may find an additional job to earn some extra money... So everything over 100 bucks for shoes, jackets, fabrics, tools etc. is unusual the most expensive was a 3D printer I funded with a vacation job
My current savings goes into this project and a ticket for the next Rammstein concert!

Last edited:

Arsenal Best

Haha, I can get myself just in line with all of you...
Seems that everyone has to go through the "dyesaster" routine with their Mk3s...

Used a bottle of royalblue (should have been similar to the suggested denim blue) and half a bottle purple.
The Result, well, on the upside: the lining turned out to be the perfect purplish-grey color that I was aiming for..
the downside: the outershell turned out to become the most beautiful Navy blue... :lol:

I'm not sure now, which color might be better to proceed from that, simply a grey? Or maybe back to the roots with olive drab?

Arsenal Best

DSC_1848.JPG
Here the picture of my dyesaster.
Lining in perfect color (it's darker than the picture shows).
Outershell... well, a lovely navy blue.

I think I'm trying to pour a bottle of oliv over it, hoping to turn it to the grey-brown side (and not ruining it totally)..

Arsenal Best

Arsenal Best If you haven't used a fixative yet a few warm washes should help rinse out the dye and get you closer to the original olive colour, then i find a mix of RitDye Denim Blue, Purple and Pearl Grey gives a good result, I have a thread and i go into more detail here: My Nostromo Crew Jackets (Pic Heavy)
Stupidly I used the fixative (the instruction said that the "salt" has to be put in with the colour and both came in one package). Since from Germany I had to use another manufacturer than RitDye.
However I used the mix of your thread just leaving the drops of grey and as said, for the lining it worked perfect. ;)

The olive dye didn't remedy much. It's not that bright blue anymore, but still pretty blue and relatively dark. Will have to wait until it is thoroughly dry, but I probably will try a bleecher or decolorizer next...

coozco

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Banzai88

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Those have the correct number of eyelets (8 to be exact), where did you find them/what’s the model code?
That is interesting. I have a white pair same as Draco Wolfsbane only size 10 and they have 9 lace eyelets per side. Hard to believe they'd add 1 more for 1\2 size larger shoe. Also, a friend has size 12 and they have 10 per side.

And apparently the actors had the same excess lace length to deal with. The D-rings placement uses alot less of the lace length.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike J.

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've noticed some materials & assembly variations on the PF Flyers I bought new versus used. It's possible the patterns for the eyelets also changed over time or with different manufacturers.