Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Because TK1536 did everything except squeeze the rivets for me, I finally finished my Nostromo fatigues.

I used the D-rings and rivets he suggested, and cut 2" x 3/8" strips out of white marine vinyl.

By some chance of googling about Dallas, I found this thread tonight, read the whole thing, and have made this account just to say that Larry sounds like a super awesome dad and everyone who sent him things for his son is also super awesome.

If anyone cares to make a full uniform (you probably don't) I may be interested in buying it in like a year. :p

Well, I've just worked my way through this entire thread. Excellent work guys! Full of every bit of imformation that anyone could want about putting together a Nostromo uniform.

Which is great for me because I want to do a Lambert costume. I'm currently searching for suitable pair of cowboy boots. The only thing that's stumping me is her sleeveless jacket. Someone on this thread said it's likely to be a G-4B flightsuit cut down which makes sense seeing as that's where the lacing came from. However I think the chances of me finding a G-4B is somewhere between slim and none. I may just have to stick with the padded jacket she wears later in the film.

I'll post pictures once I start getting pieces sorted. Thanks again for the info!

Someone on this thread said it's likely to be a G-4B flightsuit cut down which makes sense seeing as that's where the lacing came from. However I think the chances of me finding a G-4B is somewhere between slim and none. I may just have to stick with the padded jacket she wears later in the film.

As a matter of fact it is a G-4B flight suit cut up, however it's very rare indeed and it would be a real shame to cut one up even if you found one. The best thing to do is a replica taking the measures from someone who owns a real G-4B (a couple of members here have one).
The padded jacket is much more mysterious of the cut-up G-4B flightsuit. I have no idea where it comes from.

Keep up posted on your progresses

As a matter of fact it is a G-4B flight suit cut up, however it's very rare indeed and it would be a real shame to cut one up even if you found one. The best thing to do is a replica taking the measures from someone who owns a real G-4B (a couple of members here have one).
The padded jacket is much more mysterious of the cut-up G-4B flightsuit. I have no idea where it comes from.

Keep up posted on your progresses

Exactly! I always shudder when I think of people cutting up rare items for one tiny piece. Though it did occur to me that if someone already had a G-4B for the lacing then chances are they wouldn't be using the rest of the suit. Two birds with one stone and all that. ;)

I'm starting my search for the padded jacket by looking at liners of cold weather gear. So far I haven't found anything that matches it quilted pattern wise, but I've found similar cuts so I think I'm on the right track.

Exactly! I always shudder when I think of people cutting up rare items for one tiny piece. Though it did occur to me that if someone already had a G-4B for the lacing then chances are they wouldn't be using the rest of the suit. Two birds with one stone and all that. ;)

That's what they did for the film which makes me suspect that they had limited amounts of those flight suits.

Hi all. New to this forum, and glad to see so many others interested in Alien costumes and the art of making them. I've almost completed work on my own version of a Nostromo jacket, based on a Canadian military tank crew jacket (no pockets, you see). I will post pictures and detailed info on this project shortly. It's a bit of a departure from the RAF Mk3 jackets, but I think the look is pretty cool overall. Of course, I did make use of materials in this forum during my "adventure". Hope it will meet with approval...it is a challenge to modify this particular item of clothing. More later...

Last edited:
By some chance of googling about Dallas, I found this thread tonight, read the whole thing, and have made this account just to say that Larry sounds like a super awesome dad and everyone who sent him things for his son is also super awesome.

I just saw this, and I would like to say that was super-awesome of you to say so. :lol

was I mistaken when someone said that a fellow member here sales custom lacing for the jackets?

I do notice the chinese pressre suits are way different and probably won't work for this project. ..and I hate to purchase the USAF anti-g suit just to cut it up.

Well, I've just worked my way through this entire thread. Excellent work guys! Full of every bit of imformation that anyone could want about putting together a Nostromo uniform.

Which is great for me because I want to do a Lambert costume. I'm currently searching for suitable pair of cowboy boots. The only thing that's stumping me is her sleeveless jacket. Someone on this thread said it's likely to be a G-4B flightsuit cut down which makes sense seeing as that's where the lacing came from. However I think the chances of me finding a G-4B is somewhere between slim and none. I may just have to stick with the padded jacket she wears later in the film.

I'll post pictures once I start getting pieces sorted. Thanks again for the info!

Are you going to do her funky Nostromo tee shirt?
She's the only one whose tee has the Nostromo shoulder patches on it. It also has sleeves (but not collar, IIRC) like a ringer tee, where there's a band of color at the edges of the short sleeves (unless she's got another one underneath it).
You can really see it when they're hanging around in the galley after first waking up.

Green T with the pocketed cream T over it, the green T's sleeves rolled over it then the vest on top.
Cream T has the patches just like Kane's (death scene).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back