Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

A favorite jacket of mine has managed to make it's way into a custom job. Working on the other lace sleeve now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 298
I'm about to start my jacket. Either Dallas or Kane. Just sourcing an RAF mk3 on eBay at the moment. Will make the arm straps myself but could do with some assistance sourcing the patches. I'm based in the uk. I'd like to go as screen accurate as possible. Maybe also a stencil, though I know a local tshirt printers so might use them.

I'm about to start my jacket. Either Dallas or Kane. Just sourcing an RAF mk3 on eBay at the moment. Will make the arm straps myself but could do with some assistance sourcing the patches. I'm based in the uk. I'd like to go as screen accurate as possible. Maybe also a stencil, though I know a local tshirt printers so might use them.

I might have some patches for you. I'll need to look in my wardrobe. PM me if you like.

Childish behavior is not needed little one.

This as an ALIEN dedicated thread, there are plenty of A2 threads elsewhere.

For the record I've had USCM armor for over 16 years.
P1010162.jpg

Looks about right. The 'S' looks slightly deformed. When applying the stencil, rotate it a few degrees right so the 'O' is closer to where the 'N' lines up.

Scratch that. Here is what I've come up with based on the Bob Burns pics. It should print at 13.5" when printed at 100% on A3.

Hey,

I'm new to the RPF but have recently started piecing together a Brett costume and have started with the hat...

I've spend some time trying to find a base cap which is as screen accurate as possible... I was able to find something, which isn't as accurate as i would like but felt it was a "close enough" compromise... i've also purchased some patches online, the lighter Nostromo crew patch and the gold thread scrambled eggs... i've gone with cheaper options for the patches as i was wanting to try my hand at weathering / distressing them and isn't something i'm familiar with and would rather take the risk on something less expensive...

Does anyone know any easy methods for lightly distressing an embroidered patch?... ideally i'm wanting to distress the crew patch a little around the edges without making it look too beat up... any advise would be greatly appreciated!

With regards to the Bob Burns jacket, I've noticed a couple of things regarding the lacing. The thread looks almost sky blue in the photos but I'm guessing this is a trick of the light and it's actually foliage green.
Another thing is where the lacing meets the patches it seems much wider than the 2" at the bottom. More like 3". I'm thinking of making my lacing 3" wide all the way down and then by tightening the laces at the bottom get it to bunch up to 2" whilst leaving the top part wider.
Anyone think this is a good idea? Or better still has the G4-B flight suit to compare.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back