Alien Egg Replica

morbius206

This is my take on the now iconic egg from the Alien series. I wanted something that would be recognisably "Alien" but I wasn't too keen on any of the existing colour schemes(original - too white, newer ones - too brown) The original form was sculpted in clay then moulded using RTV Silicone rubber with a fibreglass jacket. The finished piece was then cast using an initial gelcoat layer inside the mould to pick up the max amount of detail, then layers of fibreglass & resin were added for strength. The finish was achieved through handpainting with drybrushing/ ink washes being built up in various stages and finally finished with a nice coat of gloss lacquer for that slimey/wet look. The colour scheme was devised from a number of reference pictures combined together to make a nice green/brown slimey mix that I felt worked well with the original prop.

Thanks,

I'm planning on doing a range of these in different sizes - one about 100mm high and a full size one about 800mm. Forgot to mention that this one is 200mm high so it's roughly 1/4 scale to the original film version.

MY GOD MAN!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE THERE?!!! INCINERATE IT IMMEDIATELY!!!! YOU FOOL!!! THAT MIGHT BE THE DEATH OF US ALL!!!!!!

I keed lol. Great piece of work man

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back