Alien 3 BD-409 EEV

complex plastic

This is my first modeling post on this forum.

This is my recently completed Model BD-409 EEV from the opening scenes of the Alien 3 movie.

The model was scratch built from styrene stock using paper model plans from Jan Rukr and I must say they were great plans as every thing fitted nearly perfectly. Very impressive.

DSCF0813.JPG

DSCF0814.JPG

DSCF0817.JPG

DSCF0807.JPG

The base is an old Iomega zip drive that I removed most of the insides to make room for the batteries that power the led lighting. I painted the zip drive up to resemble a 'black box' flight recorder, that suits the movies story line (though its not the same as in the movie).

I hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed building it.

Cheers,

Jason.

Excellent work and welcome to the boards.

I worked at BOSS FILM STUDIOS when they were doing ALIEN 3. They had the EEV in the mold shop and the side of the SULACCO with the wall of them (seen at the beginning of the film) hanging on the wall of the shop. Your work looks really good.

The model was painted white but I've got to say your color choice really makes it POP. And your choice for a display base caught my eye too.

Ted.

Thanks very much for your comments guys.

YellowJacket: Thanks for the link to Aliens Legacy Group, I will check that one out.

Ted: Thanks again for your feedback, I would give my right arm to see those movie props you have described, I was working off a couple of photos of those that I found on the net.

Cheers,

Jason.

Love it!!! Great, great model and true to the original.

And as Perfect42 already said, your choice of color makes it even more pop out.

The Hard drive base is just a killer cool idea.

Thumbs up and hopefully there comes more ALIEN related work.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back