Alcatraz from Fox, Anybody else looking forward to this ?

Nobody posted yet? Well I though it was a pretty good start, I am excited to see what they do with the mythos of the story. What did everyone else think?

Alcatraz reminded me the concept of the upcoming movie Looper, except in the movie they are from the future.

I fairly enjoyed it but I feel it will be a hitman of the week storyline. Slow and layered revealing of the secret will take place until the season finale.

Alcatraz reminded me the concept of the upcoming movie Looper, except in the movie they are from the future.

I fairly enjoyed it but I feel it will be a hitman of the week storyline. Slow and layered revealing of the secret will take place until the season finale.

Unlike "Person of Interest", I not sure it's going to remain a procedural. I think the twist at the end, as well as several other factors, will play into a larger story being revealed. Without spoiling too much, I think it's got more potential than "Person of Interest".

Having said that... the acting in "Alcatraz" was just horrible. The female lead was terrible, Hurly was Hurly, and even Sam Neil was weak. Hopefully they'll improve, but "Person of Interested" is better acted and has better written (from a character standpoint).

I am giving it a chance, only watched first hour so far and I am interested. Funny thing, I recently posted about the South African SCIFI TV show called "Charlie Jade", and the main actor from that series was the Alcatraz prisoner that came back in the cell in the first hour.. :confused

Anyways, seems like some "LOST" elements and big secrets coming our way.

Having said that... the acting in "Alcatraz" was just horrible. The female lead was terrible, Hurly was Hurly, and even Sam Neil was weak. Hopefully they'll improve, but "Person of Interested" is better acted and has better written (from a character standpoint).

My thoughts exactly.

Though, i'm fine with Hurly being Hurly :) I kept waiting for him to say 'Dude' :)

I thought Neil was OK. I was just thrown the whole time by his american accent. Shoulda let him use his normal one. He could have emigrated in the early 60's and landed that as a job - no problem storywise.

I caught the premiere of this the other night. It did have a great Lost feel to it(even the music is done by the same composer), but the whole cop thing drew me out of it. Seemed like I was watching an episode of Law and Order or something, but the few moments that were good were really good.

I just caught the 2 hour premier and first episode this weekend. I was hesitant about the show as I didn't like the ending of Lost at all. I don't want to be hooked on a show just to see what the secret is. But Alcatraz is pretty good. I like all of the main characters. The mystery should be interesting. As a bonus, the detective drives Bullitt's mustang. I know JJ Abrams won't be able to resist having a good chase scene. So, cute, tough blonde girl with attractive short hairstyle and a muscle car = I'm watching for the full season.

I dropped off after the pilot, too many holes in the plot and everything seems to be falling together way too fast. I might revisit it later on....

know JJ Abrams won't be able to resist having a good chase scene. So, cute, tough blonde girl with attractive short hairstyle and a muscle car = I'm watching for the full season.

She is even tougher in Season 2 of Sons of Anarchy, nice to see she can go from playing a evil character with a heart of black, to such a heroic character and still keep her kick ass spunk!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back