Airfix Space Shuttle needs replacement part... YES.

Clerval

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
AAGH!
So I open up the kit tonight to check out the pluses and minuses in molding and fit (was going to start her next week) and lo and behold, one of the fuselage/tail halves is incredibly warped. Way beyond serviceable; not just a left/right warp, but also as if there were a heat source applied right in front of the tail. Ugly. The box etc were in immaculate shape and sealed. I've got no idea what happened.

I jumped onto Airfix's site to see about a replacement. Has anyone had to deal with Airfix about such? I've never had a probem to bring to them before...

Sigh...

Anyway, to the second question: are there any decent (and less than 400 bucks) launch/tower sets out there? I've seen a couple of resin ones listed around, but no images, etc... Same question for a Saturn pad/tower.

Many thanks, and happy holidays to all!

Airfix is a good comapany. although I too have never had to ask for a replacement part (from them) I'd be very surprised if they gave you a hard time about it. I've gotten replacement parts from comapnies that were a lot less customer service savy with0out too much BS. Let us know how you make out
icon_wink.gif

Jedi Dade

Thanks JediDade... I agree about how they deal with their public, so to speak. I've always heard great stuff and of course am a fan of their kits (okay, not every one's a peach, but hey...); just hadn't had this come up before. I don't expect any problems, just haven't made this kind of request before. So, new ground here and all...

Arrived today, in fantastic shape, and a small insert 'With compliments'...

Couldn't be happier!

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back