Age of Ultron Hulkbuster Build

SOUTHPAW

Hello everyone, happy Easter and all that. So I took a break from some other projects to make the Hulkbuster helmet. I may build the whole suit, and I may not. Not sure yet. No fibreglass/resin/bondo for this build, just good ol' cardboard and paint. I used the pdf templates from paper-replika to make it, though I scaled them up and made them outlines only - no colour. I won't post my templates as I am not sure I am allowed (but if I find I am, I will). I scaled the helmet to be the same size as the other helmets, but it is still a little too small for my liking. It's not perfect, but I think it's pretty good for a one day build. Anyway, enough yammering, here is the build!

SAM_5195.JPGSAM_5196.JPGSAM_5197.JPGSAM_5198.JPGSAM_5199.JPGSAM_5201.JPG

Last edited:
Fantastic build my man. I'm thinking about going this route as well, since it doesn't look like there will be a model available anytime soon for unfolding. Was it hard to size it up from papercraft?

Fantastic build my man. I'm thinking about going this route as well, since it doesn't look like there will be a model available anytime soon for unfolding. Was it hard to size it up from papercraft?

I probably did it a harder way than normal, I screenshotted the parts, opened them in Gimp (free photo editing software), drew the outlines of them in a new layer (to get rid of colour), then scaled up the parts and saved as jpgs. So yes, not too hard but there is most likely a much easier way.

Also, I have noticed that this model is highly inaccurate, so I might be making V2 that's closer to the film one.

I probably did it a harder way than normal, I screenshotted the parts, opened them in Gimp (free photo editing software), drew the outlines of them in a new layer (to get rid of colour), then scaled up the parts and saved as jpgs. So yes, not too hard but there is most likely a much easier way.

Also, I have noticed that this model is highly inaccurate, so I might be making V2 that's closer to the film one.
i have tons of great pictures for use as referance material if you need them. making this guy is a goal of mine, i'm just not there yet as far as skill goes..
this thing is looking great though, keep it up

- - - Updated - - -

i have tons of great pictures for use as referance material if you need them. making this guy is a goal of mine, i'm just not there yet as far as skill goes..
this thing is looking great though, keep it up

- - - Updated - - -

Do you mind posting some of the pictures?

Agreed man. I'm to the point where I think i'll just end up building a version of the suit myself in maya and releasing it out for somebody to unfold. We'll see if anybody does it first. My modeling skills aren't the greatest honestly.

Agreed man. I'm to the point where I think i'll just end up building a version of the suit myself in maya and releasing it out for somebody to unfold. We'll see if anybody does it first. My modeling skills aren't the greatest honestly.

If you do, I'll unfold for foam ;)

Deal. I'll set up a new thread for the build. Like I said, it won't be the greatest thing, but I'll also include the .obj so anybody can go in and easily fix the model if they want. This is a forum for sharing the files anyway. Not for showing off and not spreading the cheese.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back