Advice with cloud prop

bots444

Hi guys. I'm new here but I have a question and hopefully you can help me. I am making a cloud prop for my daughter's dance comps. I am using mini led string lights sticking through a peg board. I then took Polyfill and hot glued it to the front of the peg board to make a glowing effect. My question is the poly fill keeps coming off. Not the main part that is glued down but the top portion. Is there something that I could spray on the Polyfill to kind of harden or firm it up? If this is not the correct place to post this I apologize. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Well, I can't say for sure, but if you have enough to try some tests and not on the actual prop.... maybe try some hairspray, a high strength type, or perhaps adhesive spray type glue. If no one gives other better advice, can be worth a shot. Hope one of these, or any method works for you and your daughter.

Well, I can't say for sure, but if you have enough to try some tests and not on the actual prop.... maybe try some hairspray, a high strength type, or perhaps adhesive spray type glue. If no one gives other better advice, can be worth a shot. Hope one of these, or any method works for you and your daughter.
Thanks for the ideas. I do have a ton extra that I could try it on. I'll try both and see what happens. I just finished wiring the thing, so I can test that out tonight. Thanks!

I made one of these small clouds for my room a while back. I just took Christmas lights and stuffed them inside a soda bottle then hot glued the poly on to the outside. can it not hold its shape on its own?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back