Adding hair to a resin bust

Discussion in 'Sculpture and Makeup Effects' started by CH33ZEBURG3R, May 11, 2015.

1. CH33ZEBURG3R

CH33ZEBURG3R Active Member

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some good advice on adding hair to a resin bust, i will be getting the Joker bust from coofunkcurly, the bust that started out as a lifecast and was 3D printed. Anyway i have a friend who is doing the paint up for me and will get some Tech Optics eyes, but the hair I will most likely be doing myself, i plan on getting a real haired wig but after the purchase of it I'm going to need help, having never done anything like this i want to do it right, I'm pretty good with stuff but would appreciate and tips/photos on how to go about it.

Also, do you think it's best to add the hair first before the paint or last?

Cheers ;)

Attached Files:

2. dipti

dipti Jr Member

Its better to add hairs after the paint is done. It will also help you in finding more appropriate look of hairs.

3. CH33ZEBURG3R

Ok, thanks mate. It was my plan to do it last but wasn't sure really what to do.

4. tammimars

tammimars Jr Member

Try buying a good quality wig, the kind that you glue on.

5. Koipond

Koipond Active Member

Normal wigs have lines of hair sewn into the cap. If you start cutting the cap to get a better fit or to better match Heath Ledger's hairline, you can have an entire row come loose. They also can have sketchy hairlines.

You may want to think about a lace wig, specifically an upart style. Lace wigs have much more realistic hairlines and the hairline of the upart will better match the receding part .

6. CH33ZEBURG3R

Thanks mate, i will look into it, just want to get it right.

7. streetjudge79

streetjudge79 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just replied to your PM.