Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

RSloan76

In 2012 I did an Adam Jensen costume from the game Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
(pics of that costume can be seen here: http://sloanhood.blogspot.com/2012/11/)

Here is my new Adam Jensen costume from the newer game, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
Technically I've had this project completed for over a year now, but I never got around to posting here!

FULL BUILD THREAD WITH PROGRESS PICS HERE:
http://sloanhood.blogspot.com/2016/11/

SH_AJMD_02.jpg

SH_AJMD_04.jpg

SH_AJMD_05.jpg

I did a little photoshopping on this one :p
SH_AJMD_01.jpg

San Diego Comic Con 2016. He doesn't yet know I'm standing behind him. Also note the neat position of myself and the Adam Jensen on screen!
13668759_10210198363783493_5346812686652225956_o.jpg

San Diego Comic Con 2017
20228549_10213721276414107_6002792149160352235_n.jpg

And this is what happens when people choose characters who look like them. Straight off the game my friend. The fact that you have his face nails the whole presence.

Deus Ex si one of my all time favorite games. I got the one that came out a few months ago....just cant get into it.

Thanks!

Deus Ex si one of my all time favorite games. I got the one that came out a few months ago....just cant get into it.
I really loved Mankind Divided but one thing that really bugged me was that I feel like they didn't give you anyone that a "good" Jensen would justifiably kill. Bank Guards? No. Poor Augs living ghetto? Nope. etc, etc. I typically won't kill anyone in a Deus Ex unless they are actively attacking me or my friends. That happens at a few key moments in Human Revolution, but basically never in Mankind Divided. Anyway, very sad that franchise is on indefinite hold.

Pro-Job on that costume...and you're the best person to portray that character for sure:cool
Thanks a lot joberg!

Very cool!

The second game seemed like it was missing something the first had. I couldn't really put my finger on it. I think the only time I really killed anyone was if it was a really bad person. I know in the intro level I lost my stealth approach and ended up killing some of the people.

Amazing build. You did a great job of managing all the various matte and gloss textures.

Thanks! I always try to make sure my props/costumes have a lot of matte/gloss surface variation. I think it makes things look more realistic. I tend to avoid clear coats if I can, because I think it kills paint jobs. You spend all this time masking, painting, weathering, etc then unify everything with a clear coat. Ends up looking like an amazingly painted toy instead of the the "real thing."

That said, I really wanted to try to do a gloss coat on the carbon fiber parts (upper arm) to better match the references, but I didn't want to risk having issues with the clear coat on a very mobile flexible surface. Now that SDCC17 is over, I might try it.

Looks so awesome! Nice work

Thanks Zook! Good to hear from you again. Clearly I never stopped with this character haha.
I keep telling my self this was the last time (SDCC17), but afterwards (so now), I can't stop thinking of improvements! Mostly for comfort. Those damn 3d printed forearms are so damn tight. They feel like I'm wearing really tight hand-cuffs - pinching at wrists. I've re-modeled them 2 times now. Each time getting a little bigger, but not wanting to get so big that they look like armor and not actual prosthetic arms.
I keep considering doing the forearms in foam but always concluded it wouldn't look nearly as good. Plus, one day, one day, i will figure out how to do the nano-blades haha,

Until I get "inspired" to do some other character, I fear it might be all AJ all the time for the foreseeable future lol.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back