Accurizing 1:2500 Enterprise D

Marko@Rockvoice

Hey folks!

This is my FIRST Star Trek model EVER...
I loved the look of the Enterprise D since I first saw it on TV... so... 20 years later... I got myself a 1:2500 model.
Sure, that kit is great for that small scale, but has its flaws.

So, I took the 6-ft-model as reference and did some modifications to catch the look as seen in "Generations".

2500enterprised-1.jpg

I re-designed the "neck"; re-shaped the hangars and built the impulse-engine in the middle from scatch. Lots of filling and sanding:
2500enterprised-2.jpg

The main hangar edges were re-shaped:
2500enterprised-3.jpg

I found that the shape of the "arms" was always based on the blueprints and the 4-ft studio model. On the 6-ft Enterprise the bow and radius of the arms are shaped wider. So I heated and re-shaped this area on the kit and added 0.5 mm styrene to make it thicker.
I think it looks quite like the 6-ft Version as seen on the Christie's Auction photos.
2500enterprised-4.jpg

I added the middle window on the lower saucer and sanded the gap between the upper and lower saucer halves to match the look of the 6ft Enterprise, who has a thin gap:
2500enterprised-5.jpg

Hope you like it so far...

Looks great. Gotta love those decals! Did you use the kit decals or an after market set?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back