Accurized 1/144 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon

Awsome work Scratchy,

People dont realise how small some of those pieces you are cuttng are. My eyes wouldnt allow it, let anone my fat fingers.

Ozzy

That's true, Ozzy. I can't do without my trusty 5x magnifier anymore. But even without one Scratchy manages to come up with detail that would stand a microscope examination.

Nice!:thumbsup

WOW that AMAZING!!!!

Thanks guys, glad to hear that you approve :thumbsup

Awsome work Scratchy,

People dont realise how small some of those pieces you are cuttng are. My eyes wouldnt allow it, let anone my fat fingers.

Ozzy

Thanks Ozzy, I suppose it's just the nature of the hobby and the illusion that it brings to the table.

That's true, Ozzy. I can't do without my trusty 5x magnifier anymore. But even without one Scratchy manages to come up with detail that would stand a microscope examination.

Incredible work, Scratchy :)

Thanks Crackerjazz,.... I really think it comes down to the technique and being systematic with the scratched pieces.

The flaps are done, I still need to add a couple of pistons on the bi-fold doors, and hinges on all of them to hold them in place to the compartments.

IMG_9316.jpg

IMG_9324.jpg

The flaps where made with layered .005" styrene, and I added some .010" bits in some areas for added thickness. I utilized some .20" styrene rod for the bi-fold hinge.

Do the whole damn thing, I'll finish the battle of hoth, we'll stitch it together and sell it for £500,000. Sound like a plan? Ha ha!

I tell you what though, I've had a difficult job finding 1/144 figures. Preiser are pretty good, but their figures will need a lot of modifying. I've bought the ertl 'hoth action scene' model thing so if once I get it the figures from there (1:144 ish) are any good I'll give you a shout.

We better let it go for a £1,000,000.....£500,000 for you and £500,000 for me.

Thanks for the offer on the figures. I was thinking of the Preiser figures and the modifications that would be needed. I haven't had the opportunity to have a close look at the MPC Hoth dio figures if they're accurate to 144.

I will probally go the Preiser route and modify them with some A+B Epoxy and my tools of destruction/modification.

It's funny that you mentioned the large dio with the AT-ATs, I was think of having a companion dio to go with my AT-AT build. There would be a ton of items that would have to be scratched for that one as well.

scratchy

I'd love to see a diorama. That is looking excellent so far nad just keeps getting better

I believe the Hoth figures are pretty close to N scale, but could be as large as 1/150. I can get om measurements of them if you need it

Thanks Blakeh1, I'll more than likely pick up some Preiser figures for this. I was actually totally prepared to sculpt some up at this scale earlier during the build. However, I think Prieser is my best choice.

Can you stop making it so awesome! This one of the threads that kept me adding to my 1/72 build. Great stuff,but yer gonna need some lasik soon. Ooh my eyes hurt just looking at the picks.

Yes, Scratchy, don't try to put in too many more details. You have to save your eyes to stay in the hobby until old age :) And, more importantly, I'm getting left behind on my 1/144.

Can you stop making it so awesome! This one of the threads that kept me adding to my 1/72 build. Great stuff,but yer gonna need some lasik soon. Ooh my eyes hurt just looking at the picks.

Sorry Fett_Ish, and thank you. I've got a ways to go before I can start painting. I'll be following the reference pics for the untouched sections of this build and I'm sure that there are some missing parts that need to be added.

Yes, Scratchy, don't try to put in too many more details. You have to save your eyes to stay in the hobby until old age :) And, more importantly, I'm getting left behind on my 1/144.

Well, I would like to get a number of builds finished before that happens, and before old age hits me. However, I really doubt that those two things would prevent me from building a model.

Wow Scratchy ... this work is totally awesome! You're work has been a great inspiration to me
to start altering and improving some of my miniatures that I have collected.

My compliments on your WIP photography as well and ... it also seems like you're creating a
'how to accurize a 1/144 F M M F' booklet as a companion, according to your carefully drafted
and explaining layout, ... perhaps for those to follow in your giant footsteps?

:D

-Chaim

Hey Scratchy, just got the Hoth Diorama set. The figures are surprisingly good quality in my opinion. One of the figures standing fully upright is 13mm from soles of feet to top of head. I'll post them in my AT-AT thread soon.

Any clocksmith would be proud of this level of detail. Damn, this is the good stuff!

Thanks Avanaut.

Wow Scratchy ... this work is totally awesome! You're work has been a great inspiration to me
to start altering and improving some of my miniatures that I have collected.

My compliments on your WIP photography as well and ... it also seems like you're creating a
'how to accurize a 1/144 F M M F' booklet as a companion, according to your carefully drafted
and explaining layout, ... perhaps for those to follow in your giant footsteps?

:D

-Chaim

Thank you Sym—Cha. I won't be creating a booklet of sorts. That presentation was just practice for me with one of my computer programs. I'll more than likely create more.

Hey Scratchy, just got the Hoth Diorama set. The figures are surprisingly good quality in my opinion. One of the figures standing fully upright is 13mm from soles of feet to top of head. I'll post them in my AT-AT thread soon.

Thanks for the heads up on the figures Christrom, I'll make a point to look for your post on your thread.

I started working on the landing gear. I cut out the molded cylinders/struts and replaced them with some scratched ones. I replaced the stock baffles with some photo etch baffles, I added some styrene to the bottom column and a hose in the front. I added this hose because the live action footage has it show on the landing gear, it's not there on the 32"MF.

IMG_9365.jpg

IMG_9363.jpg

IMG_9359.jpg

IMG_9357.jpg

scratchy

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back