Accurized 1/144 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon

Here's the latest work on the 144 Falcon. I removed all of the molded conduits from the bottom of the hull and the two pits and replaced them with brass rod.

I started adding additional styrene to the bottom jaw box and I scratched the back fins, just behind the the gun turret. The base of the gun turret had some details added and removed and I also sliced off, and turned a detail piece that was molded into the bottom of the hull and placed it in its correct orientation on the botom of the mandible and added a bit of missing detail which is close to the cockpit. I believe that this was a Tyrrell engine part on the SS Falcon.

I'm really enjoying this build!

falconconduit.jpg

I have to submit a call for reference images of the landing gear doors that are on the 32" Millennium Falcon, and the doors for the full set Falcon that are for the back.

I really like how the full set Falcon has the bi-fold doors and the details of the 32" Falcon. I have the reference images from screen grabs and the one image that's in Star Wars Chronicals pg 178, but I need more.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

scratchy

Wow, they certainly will help! I really like the line art — front view image, it gives me a good angle on how the flaps are set.

Thank you Jaitea

Here's some delayed pics of the 144 Falcon build. I detailed the bottom and added and moved some details. I sliced off the "A Frame" molded details that are on the centre engine flap and glued them back to the proper spot. I also added some round pieces and drilled a couple holes in the center box.

The missing flaps are added and a whole bunch of other stuff..... here's some pics.

IMG_9232.jpg

IMG_9233.jpg

I also added some strip styrene that was fashioned into a "U" and added them to the top half, just above the lower centre engine vent.
IMG_9235.jpg

Since this build will find it's place in a Echo Base diorama, I needed some landing gear flaps scratched up, here's the pics of the back flaps.
IMG_9284.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

Here they are just set in place, I still need to build the "Arms".
IMG_9293.jpg

IMG_9295.jpg

Well, that's the work so far. I'll get busy on the other three flaps. Thanks for following along.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back