Accurate Millennium Falcon blueprint

jas070680

Hi everyone. I'm not sure where to place this post so if this is the not place please forgive me. I'm looking to get a new tattoo of the Millennium Falcon and as this will be on my body for ever and I am a bit OCD I figure this is the best place to start. I need a top view as shown below, but need it as accurate as possible. That being said I'm willing to give up complete detail as I don't want it read well and not be too cluttered. If you feel the image below is fairly accurate please let me know (something about the cockpit bothers me). I looked through the threads, but couldn't find anything. If you think I missed something please direct me to the proper location. Thanks in advance for your help.

MF-Top.jpg

How big is the tat going to be? Naturally, the smaller the tat the less detail you'll be able to see. :)

Hi...
I took these yesterday on the Star Wars Identities exhibition.

Maybe the pictures are of some help ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436186589785.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436186589785.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436186619143.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436186619143.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 177
  • uploadfromtaptalk1436186655195.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436186655195.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 154
Hi...

Luke: These will help out allot! Thanks for posting

SofaKing: This will go on my forearm. I'm trying to be mindful of too much detail as I don't want it too look like an ink spot. I just want the details that I get in to be accurate.

I would probably stick with the basic main structures at first then slowly build up the different layers / details. The MF is SO detailed. :)

Should be cool!

Hi...

You didn't happen to pick up the catalog did you? apparently there is a scanned image of this blueprint in it. If so, can you post a scanned image of it? Thanks in advance.

If you really want it perfect I would get the DeAgostini blueprint and shrink it down to size. It's perfect!

I may be way off, but it looks like there are two separate prints. One where the mandibles are toed in and another where they are more parallel as posted by Luke. Do you have an example of the one you are talking about? Thanks.

Hi everyone. I'm not sure where to place this post so if this is the not place please forgive me. I'm looking to get a new tattoo of the Millennium Falcon and as this will be on my body for ever and I am a bit OCD I figure this is the best place to start. I need a top view as shown below, but need it as accurate as possible. That being said I'm willing to give up complete detail as I don't want it read well and not be too cluttered. If you feel the image below is fairly accurate please let me know (something about the cockpit bothers me). I looked through the threads, but couldn't find anything. If you think I missed something please direct me to the proper location. Thanks in advance for your help.

View attachment 496368

The B/P you show is not particularly the best for any of the four studio miniatures, or even the “full size” set. It is more of a schematic of the Falcon. Yes, it looks like a Falcon, but you said you “need it as accurate as possible”. Given that it will be on your arm, I’m not sure how much it matters, unless you have an exceptional tattoo artist.

If you still want the accuracy, perhaps you should first decide on which studio model you want, or the “full size” set.

Mark

I may be way off, but it looks like there are two separate prints. One where the mandibles are toed in and another where they are more parallel as posted by Luke. Do you have an example of the one you are talking about? Thanks.

http://shop.deagostini.co.uk/build-the-millennium-falcon-blueprint-poster.html

But if this is going to be a tattoo that's going on your arm, you really don't have to worry too much abotu exacting detail because over the years it's gonna distort and you'll never be able to get very fine lines to begin with. I'd stick with perhaps a photo of the top of the Falcon and use that as your artist's basis for the tatt.

Last edited:
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Well I went for it. After spending a lot of time on this I realized that I would have to compromise on accuracy. While this may not be exact I love it. I thought you guys might appreciate it so I'm sharing. If you are going to be negative please refrain. Thanks for checking it out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back