Accurate MCU Mjolnir dimensions

Definitely a different version than the ones we've seen so far..

robotprops is there anything you can tell us about it without breaking your NDA? If it's from a recent production maybe?
Also, interesting that the inscription on that endplate is different from other screen-used props. The one one the left (which I based my replicas on) reads "HE WHO WIELDS THIS HAMMER COMMANDS THE LIGHTNING AND THE STORM". The one on the right has the more comic book accurate "WHOEVER SO WEILDS THIS HAMMER IF HE BE WORTH SHALL POSSESS THE POWER OF THOR"

View attachment 1584031

I think I'm safe in saying that it was supplied by Marvel for a commercial that coincides with an upcoming movie.
I was told they have "many" Mjolnirs, which makes sense.
Looking at the quality of this build, I would guess it's one of the stunt heroes. But I can't say for sure. Its very nicely made and great to wield.
I was also lucky enough to handle a Stormbreaker.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.PNG
    IMG_1151.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Alright, here she is. Actually, I made two. One to scale, and one slightly larger.

The final paint job stressed me out like nothing has for a while. After sealing the Alclad Chrome with Alclad gloss coat I airbrushed some subtle black acrylic to a face of the hammer. Then while the paint was still wet I mister the surface with Windex. This activates the paint and creates interseting patterns. I've done this before with Rubbing Alcohol too, but the alcohol affects the Alclad gloss.

Overall I'm really happy with the result. The Alclad Chrome is overall darker than I was expecting. But it does seem accurate to the movie.

Below are pics of both of the new Mjolnirs I just completed, alongside my original Mjolnir from "back in the day"

View attachment 1461327
Stunning work!
If you do a kit run, I'm in for one.

Last edited:
I think I'm safe in saying that it was supplied by Marvel for a commercial that coincides with an upcoming movie.
Looking at the quality of this build, I would guess it's one of the stunt heroes. But I can't say for sure. Its very nicely made and great to wield.
Amazing! Thank you!

Fantastic!! Do you have more photos?

No I don’t, sorry. I don’t know why but I never thought to get more pictures of Stormbreaker.
No worries! This photo still works great, thanks for sharing! I was looking to compare the real prop to the paintjob on mine (shown below)

Attachments

• 0DE698C0-A617-44AF-BF5E-624D9B988E4C.jpeg
    0DE698C0-A617-44AF-BF5E-624D9B988E4C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
So, here's the current problem. I am not impressed with accuracy. Here are pics of three hammers in various stages. Small, Medium, Large.

Small: My scratch-built Mjolnir from 8 years ago. It's too small. Head size: 230mm x 130mm x 130mm
Medium: My new file, which is the accurate dimensions of the screen-used Mjolnir: Head size: 235mm x 140mm x 140mm
Large: Also my new file but scaled up to what I thought was accurate: Head size: 250mm x 150m x 150mm

What's the problem. I friggin LOVE this big hammer! Ad so does the customer who ordered it. But I wanted to make mine ACCURATE ... but the Medium (accurate) one ... feels .... smalllllllllll. The Large one feels like what Cap was holding in the final scene in Endgame!

Having a real internal argument here. Would I rather have what was technically used on-screen, or what it FELT like on screen?

View attachment 1454297View attachment 1454298View attachment 1454299
Hi I am a student who is in welding school I got the idea that I could make Thors hammer as a fun project.The way I thought about by doing it is cutting the pieces out of steel with a cnc plasma table. But all the dimensions I all saw online were way to small.I eventually came across this and was amazed by the size and detail.But for me to make it on the plasma table it would come out of a big sheet of steel and would need every dimension of the large hammer head including the angles and slopes leading to the striking face of the hammer.I would assemble it like a puzzle by tacking the cut outs in place and then tig welding them all together.Ik that’s a lot to ask for but I wouldn’t need the engravings on the hammer for the dimensions I need.

So, here's the current problem. I am not impressed with accuracy. Here are pics of three hammers in various stages. Small, Medium, Large.

Small: My scratch-built Mjolnir from 8 years ago. It's too small. Head size: 230mm x 130mm x 130mm
Medium: My new file, which is the accurate dimensions of the screen-used Mjolnir: Head size: 235mm x 140mm x 140mm
Large: Also my new file but scaled up to what I thought was accurate: Head size: 250mm x 150m x 150mm

What's the problem. I friggin LOVE this big hammer! Ad so does the customer who ordered it. But I wanted to make mine ACCURATE ... but the Medium (accurate) one ... feels .... smalllllllllll. The Large one feels like what Cap was holding in the final scene in Endgame!

Having a real internal argument here. Would I rather have what was technically used on-screen, or what it FELT like on screen?

View attachment 1454297View attachment 1454298View attachment 1454299
Hi I am a student who is in welding school I got the idea that I could make Thors hammer as a fun project.The way I thought about by doing it is cutting the pieces out of steel with a cnc plasma table. But all the dimensions I all saw online were way to small.I eventually came across this and was amazed by the size and detail.But for me to make it on the plasma table it would come out of a big sheet of steel and would need every dimension of the large hammer head including the angles and slopes leading to the striking face of the hammer.I would assemble it like a puzzle by tacking the cut outs in place and then tig welding them all together.Ik that’s a lot to ask for but I wouldn’t need the engravings on the hammer for the dimensions I need.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back