AAV Drop Ship

I've just got a message from a dude Yesterday. He said that he saw my previous model on my Facebook page and he quit kill himself.
He was suffering deep depression and enduring so much pain for so long time. He thought 'If this complicated and bothering thing would be done by someone else, maybe I could do something else'.
I've never got a comment like this before but I am so happy that I could be someone's benefit.

Modeling is very therapeutic for me, my quarantine stress has gone way down since I got back into it after Christmas. Your work is fantastic and I'm happy to see you're spreading hope with your skill.

Another amazing update!

Thank you!

Modeling is very therapeutic for me, my quarantine stress has gone way down since I got back into it after Christmas. Your work is fantastic and I'm happy to see you're spreading hope with your skill.

Thank you very much for the kind comment.
Nice to see know you are enduring these quarantine periods.
A couple of years ago, I heard that the model building including any kit build is the good heal for the home-coming soldiers whose mind has been damaged in combat conditions. I sent my kit models I won't build anymore to the US volunteer organizations. I hope it helped someone.

I`m glad you`re an inspiration for other people Katsu-san :notworthy: :notworthy: (y) (y) and great update, btw!!

Thank you very much! Hagoth-san!

Installed the lighting fixture.
Ahh... looks like I made mistake measuring the nose width. I may have to rebuild it.
:sick:

iJjHQUT.jpg

Raising the ceiling 1/3 inches makes a bit roomy compartment. No sweat for bonk their forehead. (y)

pe5fAmo.jpg

zHMN7K2.jpg

Thanks for looking
katsu

I watched "Aliens" last night (for the umteenth time) and I agree with the others, you have really got the look for the vehicles in your build, Katsu-san. (y)(y)

A couple of years ago, I heard that the model building including any kit build is the good heal for the home-coming soldiers whose mind has been damaged in combat conditions. I sent my kit models I won't build anymore to the US volunteer organizations. I hope it helped someone.

That was very kind of you. I'm sure the soldiers appreciated the gesture.

Caption for the last picture: "NO! I told everyone - you two included - to use the toilet before we left!"

Another interesting update and congrats on inspiring another to aspire to more than a swift death due to depression and aimlessness.

I was making a joke about the page number ;)

Ahh! :lol: Got it!  Highbrow! :cool:
Thank you !!

I watched "Aliens" last night (for the umteenth time) and I agree with the others, you have really got the look for the vehicles in your build, Katsu-san. (y)(y)

Thank you so much, stevielewis-san!:love:

That was very kind of you. I'm sure the soldiers appreciated the gesture.

Caption for the last picture: "NO! I told everyone - you two included - to use the toilet before we left!"

Thanks!
:lol:

'Hey! It's Miller time! Two here!'
'Got it!'
'Sir, how about get it after we've back?'

That ‘final’ exterior design is looking very familiar mate !, something from a 60’s Japanese animatronic serial ?...., yeah I’m old too !:p
Regardless, you’re going great guns ! , and the depth of detail you’re pouring into this fantastic build is wonderful ! Keep at it Katsu - san !:D

That ‘final’ exterior design is looking very familiar mate !, something from a 60’s Japanese animatronic serial ?...., yeah I’m old too !:p
Regardless, you’re going great guns ! , and the depth of detail you’re pouring into this fantastic build is wonderful ! Keep at it Katsu - san !:D

Ah! You got the point! I love the design in the era of '60-'70. Automobile, fighter jet, and those SF mechanisms. Not too cold but very human.
The good thing is good. No matter how old it is.

Thank you! :love:

The angles on the bow remind me a bit of Starcruiser 1:

View attachment 1432543

Thanks, Tom-san! That the part I've poured many hours to fix the angles. In the first place, that was horizontally straight. But I thought it may need a bit slant angle to have a better view from the driver's seat.
As Ged san said, we are getting old but I love those days that some of those kit models were always available on the shelf of the small kit shop in our neighborhood. Not like the expensive kit for adults like Tamiya's tank kit but the so attractive and reasonable price for the little kid like me.

SmilingOtter - US Airfix?...well I've never heard of that in the UK, I believe Martin Bower designed this wonderful kit, my brother has a built version
View attachment 1432674 but I think it looks like this

Looks like the kit is very popular on your side. :) Martin Bower is the treasure of the UK. He was so kind to me to give me advice when I made SPV.
Oh, I love this Land Master. The movie was so-so but this vehicle was very impressive. In fact, I wanted to borrow this wheel system but it might be too tall for the dropship, I had to give it up. I heard that this vehicle was restored recently.
Thanks for sharing this pic!

The design was Gerry Anderson's (Thunderbirds, Space: 1999.) It was for a TV seris that never got made, but he convinced Airfix to make the model.

:oops::cool:(y)

RtW8kK2.jpg

tu5mkoD.jpg

8f25Xar.jpg

The instruments on the dashboard are simple, but I thought it was more like a military vehicle.

Thaks for looking!
Katsu

The angles on the bow remind me a bit of Starcruiser 1:

View attachment 1432543

That has answered a big question for me! I have pieces of that kit around from when I was a little kid, but have never quite been able to figure what it was. Now I know!

The instruments on the dashboard are simple, but I thought it was more like a military vehicle.
the old Keep It Simple Stupid method

I love the gauges. Very nice effect nice when lit up

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back