AAV Drop Ship

Really great to see the different characters in their different poses. You could've taken the easy road and do just one or two different ones and mold them to death...I appreciate the effort (y) (y) :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thank you so much! It may not be an easy way but it's so fun.:D

So love the variety! Love the sniper outfit. Awesome sculpting work and poses. This is so much fun to watch you work.
If it's any consolation it's worth your headache to me. :p But do take care of yourself please. I rather prefer a healthy Katsu.

...and after that plea for caution I take a risk and have to ask... will one of them an armor brute with extra body armor plates? The kind that can get in close to use their weapons and absorb hits in the process. The team spearhead.:cool:

Thanks, I took a good rest today. In fact, I've been playing a video game. :p
My headache is getting better.

Oh, it's a good question. The right side abreast of the seat I am making now is a second deploy team. The left side abreast will be a quick deployment team. So, I'm thinking of some kind of armored or a soldier equipped with an exoskeleton. Because of the narrow seat width, it may difficult to put the bulky equipment thou. :unsure:

Amazing work! When you made hands out of metal, I was wondering what you were doing to do. The clay makes total sense now. Amazing details at such small scale. Your hands must be so steady.

Thank you Bauble-san, I love the clay work since I was a kid.:D

katsu

“ Six Million Dollar Man “... Men, or Women ( loved Jamie Summers !) .... this is in response to building figures with exoskeletons and whether they’ll ‘fit’ in your brilliant seats ... it’s all in your mind and (vicariously) ours mate.... when you’re done with the full compliment of ‘crew’ , maybe paint/finish some members to give a hint that they’re not quite human !?... it’s the future eh !?:p

Oh, it's a good question. The right side abreast of the seat I am making now is a second deploy team. The left side abreast will be a quick deployment team. So, I'm thinking of some kind of armored or a soldier equipped with an exoskeleton. Because of the narrow seat width, it may difficult to put the bulky equipment thou. :unsure:
Like Gedmac66 stated it's all in the imagination. We get to enjoy yours. You have never failed to surprise and delight with your creativity.
No pressure my friend. :p

Could Juggernaut from X-men fit in a seat?

As for exoskeleton armor the image that came to my mind was the armor attached at the front and folded such that as the soldier exits the seat it wraps around and locks on completing the protection. Knowing you it would be fully functional. :lol:

I'm just enjoying the show and the concepts being triggered in my mind. Katsu-san creativity fix satisfied for now! ...is that even really possible? :rolleyes:

“ Six Million Dollar Man “... Men, or Women ( loved Jamie Summers !) .... this is in response to building figures with exoskeletons and whether they’ll ‘fit’ in your brilliant seats ... it’s all in your mind and (vicariously) ours mate.... when you’re done with the full compliment of ‘crew’ , maybe paint/finish some members to give a hint that they’re not quite human !?... it’s the future eh !?:p

Like Gedmac66 stated it's all in the imagination. We get to enjoy yours. You have never failed to surprise and delight with your creativity.
No pressure my friend. :p

Could Juggernaut from X-men fit in a seat?

As for exoskeleton armor the image that came to my mind was the armor attached at the front and folded such that as the soldier exits the seat it wraps around and locks on completing the protection. Knowing you it would be fully functional. :lol:

I'm just enjoying the show and the concepts being triggered in my mind. Katsu-san creativity fix satisfied for now! ...is that even really possible? :rolleyes:

I've almost forgotten that I'm dealing with an alliance of bad boys. :sick: Here comes again.

Anyway, I've baked those soldiers and fix and trimmed here and there and baked them again.

Fd7I9vb.jpg

QBAP2wy.jpg

And I wrote a rough sketch of the exoskeleton.

15v6BO4.jpg

This won't occupy any extra spaces and maybe I can build a few of them with no trouble by making an aluminum skeleton and put them on the original figures.

Thanks for looking!

katsu

I've almost forgotten that I'm dealing with an alliance of bad boys. :sick: Here comes again.

Anyway, I've baked those soldiers and fix and trimmed here and there and baked them again.

View attachment 1412568

View attachment 1412569

And I wrote a rough sketch of the exoskeleton.

View attachment 1412570

This won't occupy any extra spaces and maybe I can build a few of them with no trouble by making an aluminum skeleton and put them on the original figures.

Thanks for looking!

katsu
Ahhh... hem ! Not ‘ Bad Boys !’ my friend :rolleyes:...., we’re the Dark Side , remember !!! :ninja::ninja::ninja::lol:

See? Never a disappointment. Exoskeleton concept looks great! Soldiers look great even if half-baked. :p

Note to self. After 7 weeks Katsu-san has almost forgotten who he is dealing with. Next phase wait 8 weeks and note results.

Love those exoskeletons!

Thank you!!

Ahhh... hem ! Not ‘ Bad Boys !’ my friend :rolleyes:...., we’re the Dark Side , remember !!! :ninja::ninja::ninja::lol:

See? Never a disappointment. Exoskeleton concept looks great! Soldiers look great even if half-baked. :p

Note to self. After 7 weeks Katsu-san has almost forgotten who he is dealing with. Next phase wait 8 weeks and note results.

Ahh... They are not only bad boys on the dark side. They are planning intelligently.

Analyzerhh, you are my only hope!!

By the way, I'd like to ask you a favor.
Would you please check this Youtube movie?
Yuki made it and I think it is well done.
The title is 'Documentary - Making of ballet costume of the Black Swan, one of my masterpiece completed after long anguish'

I made a knee and elbow protector. :sick: phew.

534jMhr.jpg

TsTMapF.jpg

jDLAc98.jpg

Thanks for looking!

katsu

Last edited:
Wow that was a beautiful dress. A lot of work really went into that.

Also, very nice production quality on the video. What was it filmed with?

Also love the leg and elbow armor you made

You have a very talented family

I’m subbed to Yuki’s YouTube already Katsu-san !... she’s a fantastic example of “ the apple not falling far from the the tree “! ...
The protective gear for your figures is wonderful too...
I’m really enjoying these fantastic detailed updates regarding these crew members, but also wondering how the ‘initial’ concept of this build is going though ?:unsure::ninja::ninja::ninja:;)

Wow that was a beautiful dress. A lot of work really went into that.

Also, very nice production quality on the video. What was it filmed with?

Also love the leg and elbow armor you made

You have a very talented family

I’m subbed to Yuki’s YouTube already Katsu-san !... she’s a fantastic example of “ the apple not falling far from the the tree “! ...
The protective gear for your figures is wonderful too...
I’m really enjoying these fantastic detailed updates regarding these crew members, but also wondering how the ‘initial’ concept of this build is going though ?:unsure::ninja::ninja::ninja:;)

Thank you very much for taking the time for watching the video.
She is really appreciated.:love:

Ged-san, thanks for asking!:D
Now I'm enjoying the clay work and I will go on building the vehicle and on the other hand, I'm not forgetting the build of the VTOL if that what you mean. I will get back to the VTOL and rebuild the new cockpit module to fit this vehicle. In fact, I am looking forward to building a whole new cockpit now.
As always, I have no firm idea of the final appearance of the project. I know you must be curious that I have no plan or drawing for this project. Even if it's a kit or scratch, I don't have even an inch of interest in making the models of what it's already existing and possessing any existing things. it's just wasting a time for me I just want to keep building my idea, try a new technique, no quitting, no giving it up. And once it's finished they only go to the shelf and that's 'it.

katsu

It’s your originality, the conceptual ( & brought to fruition ), the understanding, and the thoroughly informative, detailed work that keeps me on my toes Katsu-san...., and more importantly , keeps the smiles and “WOW!” expressions on my face !
.... “Never give up !, and Never surrender !”:p.
Now , stop wasting time and get back to work impressing us !:devil::lol:

Thank you very much for taking the time for watching the video.
She is really appreciated.:love:

Ged-san, thanks for asking!:D
Now I'm enjoying the clay work and I will go on building the vehicle and on the other hand, I'm not forgetting the build of the VTOL if that what you mean. I will get back to the VTOL and rebuild the new cockpit module to fit this vehicle. In fact, I am looking forward to building a whole new cockpit now.
As always, I have no firm idea of the final appearance of the project. I know you must be curious that I have no plan or drawing for this project. Even if it's a kit or scratch, I don't have even an inch of interest in making the models of what it's already existing and possessing any existing things. it's just wasting a time for me I just want to keep building my idea, try a new technique, no quitting, no giving it up. And once it's finished they only go to the shelf and that's 'it.

katsu

That's what makes you a true artist vs a hobbyist

It’s your originality, the conceptual ( & brought to fruition ), the understanding, and the thoroughly informative, detailed work that keeps me on my toes Katsu-san...., and more importantly , keeps the smiles and “WOW!” expressions on my face !
.... “Never give up !, and Never surrender !”:p.
Now , stop wasting time and get back to work impressing us !:devil::lol:

That's what makes you a true artist vs a hobbyist

I am a little embarrassed, that was an exaggerated speech. But thank you very much.

.... “Never give up !, and Never surrender !”
. :unsure:
......... 'Haven't you ever heard that line before?'
1611117751203.png

'Oh, yeah?'
1611117805009.png

:rolleyes:

Anyway,
Continuing the build.

6xDRNx6.jpg

zPFkQdh.jpg

zXNmgMI.jpg

uN9LbMv.jpg

This couple of soldiers will be the shock corps, I mean, spearheads. They will be equipped with exoskeletons.
So, I put them in a bit fitting combat dress.

1611119005139.png

...Not this one!

They are!

3X8lo1T.jpg

CVIaO1b.jpg

eeOTu19.jpg

Three more to go. The driver will be later.

Not these three.
'Whereee areee weee gonnaaa sit?'
1611118837136.png

Thaaaank yoou for watchiiing!
1611119250538.png

Katsu :sick: :notworthy:

Attachments

• 1611118883041.png
    1611118883041.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 36
  • CVIaO1b.jpg
    CVIaO1b.jpg
    923.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Quoting Katsuhiko ; “ try a new technique , no quitting, no giving it up “....

Translates for me into “ Never give up !..., Never Surrender ! “ ....
Really enjoyed that film too mate !.... now get back to your excellent work and stop being ‘ embarrassed ’ ! :ninja::devil::p

Quoting Katsuhiko ; “ try a new technique , no quitting, no giving it up “....

Translates for me into “ Never give up !..., Never Surrender ! “ ....
Really enjoyed that film too mate !.... now get back to your excellent work and stop being ‘ embarrassed ’ ! :ninja::devil::p

Thanks, Ged-san!

I love the personalities shown in the variety of poses. Brings a lot of life to the figures

I think my favorite pose is the guy cocking the gun. The position of the hands and everything are perfect

Wow, I'm happy to hear that. I made a ****** pistol for that!

Great video: that costume is a thing of Beauty and Art (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy: These soldiers are looking more and more complicated by the post...I love it!!

Thank you, joberg-san!
Only one figure got left to make. At this point, I'm gonna make heads for them. So, I'm going to quit drinking for a couple of days :sick: and make myself ready for the delicate work. I'm gonna make the heads by sculpting the half baked clay. So, I will have to find out the appropriate temperature and timing for the half baked.
On the other hand, someone's idea of making a robot soldier is still sticking in my mind. If I find a good way, I want to try it. :unsure:

Not having too much interest in fashion, and even less in ballet, I still loved the video - I always enjoy watching a talented person do what they're good at.

Watching this come together, I was reminded of the dropships from "Starship Troopers" (a fun movie on its own, but with almost no connection to the novel) and I went back and found this scene:

I know the designers of the film had a lot more to work on than just the dropships, but it's obvious they didn't put nearly as much thought into the design as you are doing.

Tom-san
Thank you very much for taking your time and watch her movie.
And oh I watched this movie so many times and definitely inspired by this scene as much as Aliens. I love the SF movie of the era of '70 to early '90. They still had the sense of handcrafted. Unlike those recent SF movies, they had a technical restriction that somehow makes those movies looks rather attractive.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back