AAV Drop Ship

The ongoing work on this project is looking incredibly sweet Katsu-san !...:p

I hope you showed your daughters (new?) boyfriend your gun collection ... just so he’ll know “what’s what !” :lol:

Wow. Guns are looking amazing. The various configurations you have mixed in make you look more than twice.
"Well done with that laser pointer" says the mesmerized cat!
Hmmm, what was that thought about primer day? Not now, I'm looking at some fantastic miniature guns.
Chairs look very professional.

Thank you so much, Hagoth-san. Primer day? You'll see. :D

That dining room set is beautiful

Thank you!!

The ongoing work on this project is looking incredibly sweet Katsu-san !...:p

I hope you showed your daughters (new?) boyfriend your gun collection ... just so he’ll know “what’s what !” :lol:

Thank you so much! Ged-san.

Yeah, I thought I wanted to sharpen my sashimi-knife at the moment he came in. But the boy - in fact, he is almost 37 years old or so - brought a nice bottle of Tennessee whiskey for me. Looks like he did good research about me. So we had a very happy lunch together.
My daughter No.1 looked relieved.

Here's a little progress.

I had to make some oxygen masks.

YY9C5VW.jpg

QpYaHkW.jpg

AbVp2w3.jpg

351PM7u.jpg

Started the paint job.

iszxypA.jpg

I weathered with black washing a bit.

2DPzLnn.jpg

First coating. I painted it a steel gray and weathered.

VQYQxbU.jpg

s2lQBdf.jpg

aJrHG2z.jpg

hQWQJfm.jpg

WZbAMty.jpg

ck9ARmP.jpg

7MRyFS9.jpg

This is it.

I will start to make soldiers.

Thanks for looking!

katsu

Last edited:
That’s ‘Gob-smackingly’ beautiful mate !... WOW !:p

Wow, thanks, Ged-san!

Fantastic!

Thank you!

A big bouquet of WOWS for you and your wonderful work Katsu-sano_Oo_O(y)(y):cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I'm so happy to hear that, joberg-san!

Absolutely WOW!!!

Thank you, and thanks for your patience!

Had you NOT shown us how you made all the seats and guns, I wouldn't even know how you had done it or if it was bought that way. Perfect job.

Thank you, Michael-san! Had you not support me, I wouldn't even start it.

Spectacular!

Thanks always, Tom-san!

This morning, I have tested building an armature of the soldier. With my rather short experience, I learned the key to figure making is a good armature. And this will be the appropriate one for this time.
It is strong and flexible. It has a back born and connected to the pelvis. Something close to the human skeleton.

LIrZbTX.jpg

ZU5AIPy.jpg

I thought I wanted to make a scene of '2 minutes before drop' in this vehicle compartment. So, I've numbered each cradle seat and assigned each soldier with different poses.

Then I took some snapshots of those actions in poses.

To avoid further confusion and infringement of portrait rights, the man in the pics is not Mr. George Clooney, It's just someone who looks like him.

aMLSkvh.jpg

VsvqhH9.jpg

X6OC6V4.jpg

Ee7Iqiv.jpg

MOBfw8n.jpg

Don't laugh! He is doing it seriously!

By the way, these pics were taken by myself, of course. How can you ask someone else?
For this, I found a very convenient free application tool.
It's a Remote Camera. If you have another tablet or cellphone, you can use one as a camera and the other as a shutter.
So you don't have to reach your arm for the selfie. You can push the shutter button anytime.
We are Modelers and a Gentlemen. Do not use it for inappropriate purposes, my friends!

6yAaJJH.jpg

7Y2HbcF.jpg

The woman in the pics is obviously confusing about what's going on.

Again, the man in the pics is not Mr. George Clooney.

Thanks for looking,

Katsu

Wife thinking: "What is this George Clooney guy doing?"o_O
George (impersonator) guy: "I sure do a great Katsu impression!";)
Soldiers in AAV: "We are Katsu-San clones!" "Or should we say Katsu-san Clooney's!":cool:

This is gonna be good!:lol:

George Clooney !?.... :unsure:...., :lol::lol::lol:!!!...
Katsu-Clooney san , he’s (George) got nothing on you or your skills mate !
Gotta ask though... what’s with the ‘upstanding’ (Something about Mary) hair fringe !?:p

The man in the picture may not be George Clooney, but he is way cooler!

Some amazing updates

Thank you! Mr.Depp!

Wife thinking: "What is this George Clooney guy doing?"o_O
George (impersonator) guy: "I sure do a great Katsu impression!";)
Soldiers in AAV: "We are Katsu-San clones!" "Or should we say Katsu-san Clooney's!":cool:

This is gonna be good!:lol:

:lol: :lol: Clone Clooney! You got me!

George Clooney !?.... :unsure:...., :lol::lol::lol:!!!...
Katsu-Clooney san , he’s (George) got nothing on you or your skills mate !
Gotta ask though... what’s with the ‘upstanding’ (Something about Mary) hair fringe !?:p

The hair does not indicate my emotional response even if I am about to kiss the 'beautiful lady'. I just forgot to comb my hair when I woke up. The problem is, no one in this house gonna care about it. Hey, am I an invisible man?:sick:

Well, at least your wife doesn't mind being photographed;) It's impossible for me to take a pic of my wife...she's a very private person.
Btw, I love your kitchen island Katsu-san: very Blade Runner in design(y)(y)

Well, at least your wife doesn't mind being photographed;) It's impossible for me to take a pic of my wife...she's a very private person.
Btw, I love your kitchen island Katsu-san: very Blade Runner in design(y)(y)
She was once a model of athletic swimsuits. So, she is not particularly reluctant to be photographed.
And thanks for the comment on the kitchen counter.
I did it more than 3 years ago.

F9lZ8iI.jpg

gfFAfgK.jpg

aQytlJi.jpg

I've started to make armatures.

kVK51p5.jpg

PA2JpYj.jpg

2FvoMtm.jpg

jkePzvP.jpg

I5eaLhu.jpg

ptiQTwj.jpg

As usual, I made a simple jig for this work.
It took more than 30 minutes for making a jig but once you got it, makes those work fun, and able to make it rather accurate.

Thanks for looking!

katsu

With enough time, I could make a single decent looking figure.
I love watching you figuring out how to crank out multiple copies of your creations.

I always laugh at the line in "Aliens" during the high speed drop - "Somebody wake up Hicks..." Perhaps one of the soldiers could be getting in a quick nap before the fun begins...

True clone equipment with variability options.

"Without Katsu jig assembly accelerators it would take a life time to produce a clone!"

I love watching you figuring out how to crank out multiple copies of your creations.

I always laugh at the line in "Aliens" during the high speed drop - "Somebody wake up Hicks..." Perhaps one of the soldiers could be getting in a quick nap before the fun begins...
Haha! I had a similar thought of one of the soldiers being asleep or otherwise not paying attention or aware, just not related to Aliens. That is a funny line.

Thanks, Tom-san.

All my APC seats are cradle, so by the time they get to the battlefield, everyone will be sleeping soundly. It's a big mess when they wake up. :lol:

True clone equipment with variability options.

"Without Katsu jig assembly accelerators it would take a life time to produce a clone!"

Thank you, Hagoth-san! That's really handy!:D

Haha! I had a similar thought of one of the soldiers being asleep or otherwise not paying attention or aware, just not related to Aliens. That is a funny line.

Oh, I should make one soldier sleeping with drooling from his mouth.:lol:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back