AAV Drop Ship

Thank you..., Katsu-san .
Your welcome, Ged-san!
I want to chime in briefly as well - many a morning I started my day sipping coffee while marveling at your fantastic work, yuumi2891103 - thank you for sharing all of your updates, both regarding the model and your personal life - I found them all equally fascinating.
Your welcome, James-san.
The good things would be better by far when sharing them with fine people.

Today, I woke up early and fixed the bug screen of the windows. Not about the one by Microsoft but the window screen our cat ripped when he tried to go out. Yup, preparation for the summer.

And this evening, we are going to visit the Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo in the middle of Tokyo city. They say the cherry blossoms are fully brooming now and light them up for the public visitor and also, there seem to be special smoke effects. Chinzanso was once a residence of the Daimyo (Feudal lord) of the Edo era. Now it's a hotel, ceremony halls, and, a garden for the guests.

1648868786073.png
1648868265519.png

1648868353681.png
1648868431817.png

Maybe it's okay to date my wife once in a while.
I’ll post some pics later.

Attachments

• 1648868307358.png
    1648868307358.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 52
Thank you very much, my friends!

On the way home, we were driving on an elevated highway in the heart of Tokyo. The highway runs through the woods of glass and metal tower buildings.
My wife asked me, 'What is your next model? Starship again?'
I said, 'I don't know. I have no idea so far.'
She said, 'Can you build the one scene of the futuristic city like your loving game of CyberPunk 2077? Cars, people, on the streets under the massive building with big signs and neon lights?'
'Oh, I've never built something like a diorama but hey, we have no space to put anymore anyway haven't we.'
She said, 'Come on, don't worry about such a tiny thing. If you can make it, I will make any space to display somehow.'
'Oh, Ok, let me think about it.'

So I started to think about it.
Buildings, cars, people living there. If I make those people, at least it will be the size of 1/24 to 1/20. So that I can make several vehicles highly detailed. The size of the diorama itself would be at least 2.5 feet x 2.5feet. And the height of the buildings will be... to fit the height of the ceiling. Maybe more than 6 feet excluding the pedestal. Several vertical layers of traffic way. Top-level will be for classy people and vehicles, Lower level will be a slum? Or mishmash of them...

So I've built the mockup model with thick paper and foam plastics boards, today. About the 1/2 scale of what I want to build.
It may need more consideration but seems I feel like I'm about to see the tiny light ahead.

Thank you, my friends!

I'm continuing to make a rough mockup.

qNZrp11.jpg

Z2f16xK.jpg

This mockup will be good for me to consider the material to use, the small objects to be arranged, the volume of each building, neon signs, and lighting ideas. I would write down the memo here and there on the mockup. It may take another few weeks to complete the mockup that I could satisfy. Then start to design the vehicles, Cyberpunk people on the street, shops, and many objects.

I will post up the new thread for this when ready.

Thanks for looking,

katsu

Attachments

• EoqzgBN.jpg
    EoqzgBN.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
  • EoqzgBN.jpg
    EoqzgBN.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
Thank you, Analyzer-san!

One of the things I'm afraid of is the diorama might be looking like a construction miniature in an architectural office.
That is not what I want to express. I have to think about the difference between those miniatures.

Cheers!

katsu

Thank you, Analyzer-san!

One of the things I'm afraid of is the diorama might be looking like a construction miniature in an architectural office.
That is not what I want to express. I have to think about the difference between those miniatures.

Cheers!

katsu

I don't think you have to worry about that

The angle you have it at suggests a slice of reality vs a rigid architectural model

Another thing to further separate it from a construction model might be to make it like a cutaway. Meaning where the edges of the walls are, you could show us the insides of the walls with wire, and supports etc..
and from the backside show the interior wall?
kind of like you took a magic knife and cut the piece out of the actual building if that makes sense
It's hard to explain and I hope that made sense

I'll also move over to the new thread you created for future comments

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back