AAV Drop Ship

Thank you, Ged-san.

It's nothing difficult. I found it many years ago.

There are a couple of ways to make it.

1. Back lighting
Paint black on a thin white plastic sheet and scribe any image with a needle.
Put the transparent acrylic or plastic sheet of any color like red or green or orange on it.
Back lit. The display can shows only single color.

That's what I used on this model of above pics.

2. Edge lighting
Scribe on a transparent thin acrylic sheet (I used use a CD case) with a good needle and place it over the black plate and edge lit from below. If you want a multiple color display, just make a multiple layer of the graphic scratched transparent acrylic sheet and stack them on the black painted plastic sheet. Light with any color LEDs from the edge of each scribed sheet but isolate each color lights with a piece of aluminum foil or something.

These pics are my previous works.

N1vN8hV.jpg

U4MQxIv.jpg

2PGCEt4.jpg

uzCLVuZ.jpg

Z3Kv60f.jpg

Multiple color.
D0Idxyj.jpg

wt0P1Wg.jpg

That's it.

I guess you'll find a better ways.

Regards,

katsu

Last edited:
You continually make the difficult look simple.

Thank you, Tom-san.
I hope my idea works out fine.

Wow! The lighting really brings those instruments to life!

Perfect

And your previous work is just as amazing

Thank you, Analyzer-san.
Those pics remind me another good days.

Thank you very much, my friend ! :D
I can’t wait to try some out on my next scratch build !

Ged

Thank you, Ged-san.

Huge anticipation!:)

My daughter #2 came back home on Christmas holiday.
All of my ladies are here now.
Tomorrow, we go to survival game together.
My wife declared she get the flag! ( Last time, she missed it for only a few more yards to go)
I can see the battle of my Amazones!:eek:

Katsu

Last edited:
That is so awesome it pivots like that. Nice engineering to make it functional

Paintball must have been fun.

Last time I played I had a black and blue on my ass. I was crouched down and thought I was in cover, except for that one part :D

That is so awesome it pivots like that. Nice engineering to make it functional

Paintball must have been fun.

Last time I played I had a black and blue on my ass. I was crouched down and thought I was in cover, except for that one part :D

In honor of your valor, here we will award the Purple Ass Medal.;)

1577510653972.png

Thanks, Analyzer-san!

Oh, our survival game is called Paintball at your side.
Here we shoot a 6 mm plastic bullet instead.
When you are hit, you're gonna have to raise your hand and yell 'Hit !!'
It leaves blue bruise where it hits. :lol:

Happy New Year!

katsu

Don't mind me copying your wonderful technique of making control panels! Simple, yet very efficient (y) (y) . Question for you: are those green extinguishers placed on the side of their seats? If so, why not make them red instead of green? Apart from that, your work is always top notch:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

In honor of your valor, here we will award the Purple Ass Medal.;)

View attachment 1096084

Thanks, Analyzer-san!

Oh, our survival game is called Paintball at your side.
Here we shoot a 6 mm plastic bullet instead.
When you are hit, you're gonna have to raise your hand and yell 'Hit !!'
It leaves blue bruise where it hits. :lol:

Happy New Year!

katsu

That sure made me laugh

As far as the survival game, the ammo is a bit different. Paintball uses round paint filled membranes that explode when they hit. They can hurt and leave bruises as well. Likewise, you have to wear old clothing you don't mind getting ruined or at least clothing you can easily wash it out of
The rubber bullets sound a bit worse

The 6mm plastic bullets are called "airsoft" in the US. Not so soft if you get hit!
Previously we used paintball. My son and I and his friends played a few times. My old Air Force BDU camouflage uniform came in handy.

Don't mind me copying your wonderful technique of making control panels! Simple, yet very efficient (y) (y) . Question for you: are those green extinguishers placed on the side of their seats? If so, why not make them red instead of green? Apart from that, your work is always top notch:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you very much and I'm so glad if you like that technique.
I built them with referred ACES-2 ejection seat. It has a oxygen bottle attached for the high altitude ejection.

That sure made me laugh

As far as the survival game, the ammo is a bit different. Paintball uses round paint filled membranes that explode when they hit. They can hurt and leave bruises as well. Likewise, you have to wear old clothing you don't mind getting ruined or at least clothing you can easily wash it out of
The rubber bullets sound a bit worse

The 6mm plastic bullets are called "airsoft" in the US. Not so soft if you get hit!
Previously we used paintball. My son and I and his friends played a few times. My old Air Force BDU camouflage uniform came in handy.

Ah hay! My ladies love to put their favorite wears. I it has been stained, they will yell 'Noooo'. So the 6 mm is fine with them even if they got bruises
:lol:

Here in Japan we gonna have a new year holiday for almost 10 days. My family reunion again and will have a good time. My daughter No#2 said 'Let's play Monopoly game together just like we did in many years ago. So I bought it.

Then I came up with an idea.
Here's a little playful build.

1577611339606.png

j0UesVD.jpg

jFCKusD.jpg

WIze7ar.jpg

Pkd5jHz.jpg

rHH4r49.jpg

V6HgUEL.jpg

DP7Jj1g.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Katsu

Ahhh..., The Game of Life ! ..., my daughters favourite board game from her early to mid - teens, though the pieces we owned weren’t ‘ lit up ‘ like yours Katsu-san, she would have loved that ! :D

The Game of Life!

My family loves that game. My daughter usually wins. She is very lucky

That board look's like it is a lot of fun compared to my boring old unlit one with sparse white buildings. Did you add all those lights?

I might have to spice up our board

As far as Monopoly, I don't find that game fun. It usually turns into a grind. Of course there are ways to play to ensure no one will ever ask you to play again...

like creating a housing shortage :lol:

Six properties with three houses will give you more than half of the houses in the game, and four houses each will give you 75% of the total supply. This will make it nearly impossible for your opponents to improve their own property in a meaningful way. Keep the rulebook nearby once the supply gets low, as you will undoubtedly be questioned on it. At this point, you will be asked repeatedly to build some friggin' hotels already so that other people can build houses. Don't.
How to Win at Monopoly and Lose All Your Friends

Last edited:
That lit up board looks fantastic! Your family will love it, I'm sure! Now to turn that into a kit and sell thousands of them!

Ahhh..., The Game of Life ! ..., my daughters favourite board game from her early to mid - teens, though the pieces we owned weren’t ‘ lit up ‘ like yours Katsu-san, she would have loved that ! :D

The Game of Life!

My family loves that game. My daughter usually wins. She is very lucky

That board look's like it is a lot of fun compared to my boring old unlit one with sparse white buildings. Did you add all those lights?

I might have to spice up our board

As far as Monopoly, I don't find that game fun. It usually turns into a grind. Of course there are ways to play to ensure no one will ever ask you to play again...

like creating a housing shortage :lol:

Six properties with three houses will give you more than half of the houses in the game, and four houses each will give you 75% of the total supply. This will make it nearly impossible for your opponents to improve their own property in a meaningful way. Keep the rulebook nearby once the supply gets low, as you will undoubtedly be questioned on it. At this point, you will be asked repeatedly to build some friggin' hotels already so that other people can build houses. Don't.
How to Win at Monopoly and Lose All Your Friends

Ah ha ha,
Analyzer-san, you must be an expert of the philosophy of monopoly.

Can you find any other game you enjoy with your family together for few hours? Nowadays, it is so difficult.
As I hear you, everyone has a good memory with this game.

That lit up board looks fantastic! Your family will love it, I'm sure! Now to turn that into a kit and sell thousands of them!

I assume there will be Star Wars Monopoly or Star Trek Monopoly on the market. If you decorate it like the one scene from the movie, it will be a good gift for your good friend. That's the good opportunity that you modeler could show what you are. ;)

Katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back