A Top gear theory

glunark

Sr Member
OK, so one of the new guys, who was also in the terrible Chris Evans version is a racing driver himself, Chris Harris.

Now in the old days when they did the star in the car, the stig used to show them round the track, we didn't see this, but the guests often mentioned it, now Chris Harris shows them round the track, and the stig is hardly in the show, some weeks not appearing at all.

Enter my theory.

Chris Harris is the stig, he was the stig in the last few years when the old cast was still in place, before they all left for amazon.

Legally the stig is owned by the BBC, but he didn't leave, so maybe they reward his loyalty by giving him an on screen role, then they hire Sabine, another racing driver so he is not always half a lap ahead of the other presenters.

Chris Evans wants the show to be another TFI Friday vanity project, so he gets shunted to the background, but when the ginger ****s off Joey is happy to let the stig be a co presenter, because lets face it, hes the god damned stig.

Of course I cant prove any of this, but then again, it is the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It wouldn't surprise me if it were true but I doubt we will ever know for sure. You would have thought by now that someone would have spilled the beans on who any of the Stigs really were but the people who did know probably have some rather drastic penalty clauses in their contracts if they tell anyone.

I absolutely hated the first season of the new Top Gear but I find myself really liking the revamped version this year.

I dont beleive the stig is/was always the same driver in first place.

Gets dyll telling every week: ow this week blablabla is our driver. Problem solved in tv ways: put on a disguise and give one name.

I never understood how people couldnt see the obvious. The Stig was a manufactured character, with the romance novel audio tapes and all. They'd just see who's available to shoot, put him (her?) in the suit and helmet, and film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back