A Tale Of Two...make that Three...Midgrade Phaser IIs

Moving along...

A bit behind schedule on this one but I should have it wrapped up this weekend.

Amazingly, I have a case of—at least 10 to 15 year-old—Krylon “Shadow Gray”, that I use for the bodies of the Phaser II, that STILL has very strong propellant.

I have a case of Krylon “Dove Gray” (for TNG props), that is around the same age, and all of the cans are total duds and unusable. Go figure...

3B7D6553-D172-463D-8F58-A0C8D421E814.jpeg

Last edited:
For those that may be interested, one of these Midgrade Phaser II builds is now up for grabs in the junkyard.

That looks great. I know a lot of people prefer the distressed look but I like the just out of the prop shop finish.

Too bad I missed out on your sales thread. Maybe next time.

That looks awesome. As I've said before I prefer the just built look as compared to the distressed or set used look.

Thanks for the compliment.

Yeah, I tend to lean that way as well; though I love the weathering process of giving these things some “history”.

HUGE shout-out to Robn1 on this build—a build is only as good as the base materials being supplied and his phaser shells are AMAZING—like I said before, they are the absolute best I have ever seen. Thanks Rob!!

Very nice!

Where did you get the phaser stand?

I actually use the Star Trek III phaser stands from Display Stands Direct for my classic phasers since the design holds them very snugly—I do not recommend picking up the stands that are supposed to be specifically designed for your Classic Phasers or the TMP/WOK Phaser....they both have a similar design and will drop the phaser if you bump the shelf or table it’s resting on....as my WOK phaser—that has had to be repaired twice as a result of such incidents—has experienced, before I replaced the stand. The Trek III version of the stand is also compatible with WOK/TMP Phasers as well.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back