A question for all members...what do you think of this armor?

Sketchman

Well, since none of the 29 folks who viewed my last post chose to reply, perhaps I could trouble you for your opinions on this set of armor. I have an opprotunity to purchase a set, including helmet from this seller. What're your opinions? I'm an extreme (not X-treme) novice when it comes to armor, but I want my first set to be good. Opinions? Feel free to respond to my other post as well :)

my bad..here's the link

Stormtrooper Armor

agree with mike

imo a lot of guys going for the FX armor and made a upgrade on the helmet
this one looks like a nice starterset of armor with a good price
only way to go is a nice bucket

<div class='quotetop'>(TK1536 @ Jun 24 2006, 06:59 PM) [snapback]1267508[/snapback]</div>
Looks like the regular old run of the mill FX armor. Nothing special. Nice quality, but not entirely accurate.
[/b]

That sums it up. i was thinking about the armor myself since i have an AP helmet. but knowing myself i would end up buying a more accurate set later.

It also looks sharper then a normal fx kit.

Hello novice type :)

The armor in this auction is NOT as stated 100% accurate BUT its a very very good starter for those who want to troop, I'd say about 90+ % of the 501st started with or still use these sets.I personally for the price would've bought this set. I know the maker through the yrs and his stuff is of the highest quality in craftsmanship. I have in the past few weeks been buying from him myself. just checkout dewbacklover on ebay for that atestment.

My .02

Lance
TR2640

<div class='quotetop'>(Sketchman @ Jun 24 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]1267451[/snapback]</div>
Well, since none of the 29 folks who viewed my last post chose to reply, perhaps I could trouble you for your opinions on this set of armor. I have an opprotunity to purchase a set, including helmet from this seller. What're your opinions? I'm an extreme (not X-treme) novice when it comes to armor, but I want my first set to be good. Opinions? Feel free to respond to my other post as well :)

my bad..here's the link

Stormtrooper Armor
[/b]

Pretty much looks like an FX kit. This was my first set of armor and with very little knowledge it is not too hard to assemble. As long as you take your time and do a little research you should not have any problems getting it together. As for the buyer I have not bought from them, but have talked to them in the past since they are the only ones I know of at this time that make TX armor. (black stromtrooper armor) When I have spoken too them they seemed very nice and helpful, so just do your research on the buyer and if you get the kit enjoy.

I've bought from this dealer on a couple of occasions and can't say enough good things about them as per my dealings. Of course, your milage may vary. :p

I bought a set of black "stealth" armor from him. Yes, it is an FX kit. Not entirely accurate, but a good kit and he was very easy to deal with. No problems.

i came close to buying a set of black TK armor from him a year or two ago. i decided to go a different route, but from what i remember, he was a very helpful and cordial seller who answered all my questions quickly and thoroughly. standard somewhat inaccurate FX stuff, but good armor for trooping.

I got vader gloves off Sitharmor, his communication is execellent and the item was here in the UK 6 days after end of sale.
Great person to deal with, i want that Cod next i think :D

I'm glad that my armor came pre-made. I was always bad at rushing my model kits growing up. I would have messed it up all kind's of way I'm sure.

Well I don't know much about stormtrooper armor, other than the fact that I've seen similar sets for higher prices. As for the seller I can say I've bought from them before and recieved exactly what was described. :thumbsup

I've had good experiences with the seller on and off ebay for Sandtrooper Replica German MP40 ammo pouches, only place I know to get replica stella ones. FX armor - okay starter set if you add an accurate helmet.

Well.. just like everyone else has said.. looks pretty much like the "standard" FX-kit.. which is a good "starters" kit..

(hey.. i gotta get those 20 posts during my trial period right?? :angel )

Standard FX kit, dont know about the seller, but Armor is good.
I think it was already stated most of the 501st guys start with this armor. Guess it is like a ciggerette, you start with one and end up addicted :lol

The armor is FX and the seller is super to deal with. Ive bought a number of items from him and have had nothing but good dealings..

I have purchased fromn this seller before and they were great to deal with. I bought aluminum parts which were well made and pretty accurate.
Don't know enough details about trooper armor to say how good these are, but from other replies, it sounds like a good starter set.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back