a pair of GUN I made - my own design

Snowflake

Hello guys, I just finished this gun... it comes from a sketch I made a year ago and it is slightly inspired by Blade Runner. I used MDF, wood, pvc piping, sintra and styrene plus some small polyurethane cast details I had lying around.

Do you guys think it would be worth making a mold?

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

I used carboncopy paper to copy the template on MDF

DSCN3009.jpg
DSCN3011.jpg

DSCN3012.jpg

DSCN3014.jpg

DSCN3015.jpg

DSCN3016.jpg

DSCN3327.jpg

DSCN3328.jpg

Since I had some parts lying in the shop I also made this Steampunk gun very quickly... I used a Black and Decker mouse sander that was broken for the main body... One should never throw away anything! :lol

DSCN3329.jpg

DSCN3330.jpg

I hope you like them! :rolleyes

I used a Black and Decker mouse sander that was broken for the main body... One should never throw away anything! :lol

LOL. I was looking at the pic before reading the text and was like, "I know...what...that...is. It's a...It's a...Hmmnnn."

Very nice builds!:thumbsup

Very cool designs!

The pistol looks like it could be a holdout blaster from Mass Effect.

Love the busted sander steampunk gun :lol

Chris

Great work on both, but I have to say I like the Blade Runnerish one the best. It also looks like the season 1 nuGalactica blaster (which was a homage to BR as well. :thumbsup

I love the steampunk gun! I thought it would be awesome if used in Warehouse 13. I really love the design and the idea of using the broken mouse sander, just like ILM use to do with Star Wars props!

Thank you guys, I'm so glad you like them! I'm very happy with how the first one turned out!

I love them and these pictures make me wish I owned some power tools lol.

More Power Tools!!! :lol

You've definitely given me some inspiration. Well done.

Thank you!, For me that's the best of the compliments!

I love the steampunk gun! I thought it would be awesome if used in Warehouse 13. I really love the design and the idea of using the broken mouse sander, just like ILM use to do with Star Wars props!

I agree, and it is so much fun to finally use some piece you had in your scrap box for maybe 13 years! :)

Nice! Custom jobs are always fun bc you can't go wrong. The paint job is just as great as the weapon itself.

Haha you're right... but things always manage to go wrong someway :lol I was not so sure about the white and red color scheme, but eventually I like it :)

Looks awesome.

Before you put the barrel on, it reminded me of something from Batman Beyond. I think it was a tranquilizer gun (not the rifle) in the story. Though I think it got broken before he could use it. Wish I remembered what episode.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back