A new, ambitious, exciting Terminator project.

Have been putting in a lot of work into this project lately. Here's a few snaps of one of the eyes. It's about the size of a tennis ball. Playing around and adjusting the depth of the inner 'red' pupil... at this scale, iit should be faint like in the bottom pics. The grid pattern is present in T2 whereas it is not in T1. I'm not sure which effect I like better yet... but I made it so that the inside can be switched around or modified.

More updates soon. Thanks for looking.

IMG-20120517-00092.jpg

IMG-20120517-00097.jpg

Awesome project! It looks like you have figured out the eye shutter part of the project. Or is that still open for topic? I was thinking you could use an old automatic 35mm camera lens. I pass them up at flea markets all the time (rather cheap). The trick is gutting them properly to work, and fit within the area. Just an idea!

Awesome project! It looks like you have figured out the eye shutter part of the project. Or is that still open for topic? I was thinking you could use an old automatic 35mm camera lens. I pass them up at flea markets all the time (rather cheap). The trick is gutting them properly to work, and fit within the area. Just an idea!

Thanks! That's pretty much what I did ;) Here's a pic of the inside. The iris diaphragm sits in rather nicely. I also built in some detail although none of it will be seen in the final product. But just the blades of the aperture gives off a pretty cool effect.

I understand how the diaphragm functions but I don't know anything about electronics to make it work. The apertures of both eyes would have to open and close in conjunction and speed with one another. Did a light test earlier and all is looking pretty good. Even without the movement, I think I'll be pretty happy.

IMG-20120517-00100.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back