Suggestion A lifesize bust/statue sub-section in Replica Props

thegreatgalling

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I can see how this might be a lot of work for the mods, but there is something about busts and statues that just don't feel right being in the prop section. They certainly aren't props, unless the statues themselves are in the movies!:lol

I respectfully disagree (with the OP). Props are essentially iconic representations of things seen on screen, and busts/statues of actors certainly fall into that category.

I'm also against further fragmentation of the board into subforums like that without an overwhelming need. I'm still getting used to the Movie Discussion forum! :lol

While it would be handy you'd then also have to make a separate section for video game and book props and I think it would get a bit hard to manage.

I have a question all together about 1:1 busts or figures alone. Do people commision them off the site here or would I have to look elsewhere for those? and how much does a bust or statue usually cost?

For a full lifesize, or just a bust, it depends. REALLY varies. Materials (resin/silicone) painted or unpainted, etc. All these things change the price. Typically, just busts can go from around $200-$2000. Then you need a mannequin (check out Roxy Displays) and a costume.

Howard S. sells unpainted resin busts for a few hundred and they are unbelievable. Member Fettster also sells fantastic pieces.

Good luck!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back