A few measurements needed from Hasbro Legends Captain America Shield

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
Need a favor... if you are in possession of a HASBRO LEGENDS CAPTAIN AMERICA SHIELD, I need some back measurements.

1. The diameter of the shield from the back.
2. The distance between the arm straps.

Thank you.

Are you asking about the 75th anniversary metal shield? If so, I have one. I could get you measurements tomorrow if no one beats me to it.

Are you asking about the 75th anniversary metal shield? If so, I have one. I could get you measurements tomorrow if no one beats me to it.

It’s not the metal one in this case but if the dimensions are still the same, it should work.

Someone gave my daughter a used one at college and I’m trying to build a hanging device for her to take back after break.

Just saw this post and I have the plastic Legends Captain america shield. I'll check back on this post this evening. If you haven't gotten any response I'll get you these measurements. The diameter(A) across the back will be easy, though the "Strap" measurements could mean a few different things. To make sure I get you exactly what you need, I drafted up a quick picture of what I'll provide. If this is wrong, please let me know!

Shield.png

Note, where the straps connect to the shield, there is some float, meaning the straps are a bit thinner than the space available. So I will measure the straps pulled as close to the center on each side, then measure the float as well.

For the shield:
Diameter (A): 23 & 15/16" - Just 1/16" shy of 24 inches

Inside Strap distance (B): 9 15/16" - Just 1/16" shy of 10 inches
Outside Strap Distance (C): 12 1/4"

There is 1/8" flex where the strap connects through the shield. Not sure if this is important, but essentially means my strap measurements are +/- 1/8" for the straps.

Stupid iPhone takes pictures in an unaccepted format. If you want pictures of the measurements, let me know and I'll figure out how to convert and upload.

For the shield:
Diameter (A): 23 & 15/16" - Just 1/16" shy of 24 inches

Inside Strap distance (B): 9 15/16" - Just 1/16" shy of 10 inches
Outside Strap Distance (C): 12 1/4"

There is 1/8" flex where the strap connects through the shield. Not sure if this is important, but essentially means my strap measurements are +/- 1/8" for the straps.

Stupid iPhone takes pictures in an unaccepted format. If you want pictures of the measurements, let me know and I'll figure out how to convert and upload.

Awesome. Just what I needed. Thank you

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back