A Beauty and the Beast inspired lightsaber: The Saberabra (+ a heap of failures)

Kyengen

I started this project as a commission early last year thinking it was going to be fairly easy and strictly speaking, it should have been, and then it wasn't. I mean, I hadn't made anything lightsaber-y before, but it seemed pretty straight forward and I built about 8 working models at various points during the project, but something always went horribly awry between the 80%-90% mark. With that said, here's the finished products:

merged.jpg

Saber full on edited.jpg

Not too bad all in all. Now here all the stuff I made that didn't work:

20200209_184714.jpg
And those are just the pieces that survived being ripped apart for their electronic innards.

Various other failures at different stages of completion. I abandoned the "light stick" model after attempt 6. Honestly it shouldn't have made it that far but again, this is my first lightsaber like thing.
early test 5.jpg Early test 3.jpg IMG_20190510_160213_938.jpg

So that was a fun learning experience all in all. Nothing more to add really. I might do it again at some point in the future, there's still room for improvement but the recipient was happy to get it, and I'm happy to not work on it any more for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_160213_938.jpg
    IMG_20190510_160213_938.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 143
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back