74-Z Speeder Bike Build.

Nuff said.
IMG_0132.jpg
IMG_0131.jpg

I started to make the main body this evening. I am starting with a cardboard skeleton for a rough shape. Then I will fill with spray insulation foam and then fiberglass and bondo over it.
IMG_0191.jpg
IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0189.jpg
IMG_0188.jpg

I will reenforce it with MDF board and carbon fiber cloth around the seat and handlebars so people don’t destroy it during events.

I need some advice from you prop builders.
I am now leaning into styrofoam sheets and resin but I don’t know what brands mix.
Some resin and foam do not mix at all.

I need some advice from you prop builders.
I am now leaning into styrofoam sheets and resin but I don’t know what brands mix.
Some resin and foam do not mix at all.

I wish I knew what to tell you, but I have never worked with foam...OR resin, really. I’m only now starting to actually get into building so I can assure you, at this point, your knowledge on these two media is far greater than mine.

Anyone? Can anyone help out with the info or suggestions?

I got some PMs from folks on here and Facebook with advice and tips.
Seems like spray foam or the foam sheets layered with aluminum foil and resin and body filler will be the way to go.
It’s going to be a bit until I have an update.
Feeling burnt out this week. Stay tuned though

I overlooked this thread, thinking it was another Bandai build. I had no idea that it was lifesize. Excellent work in getting this modelled and scaled up to life size. Very impressive.

TazMan2000

excellent build !!! would love to tackle a speeder bike... not sure my wife would let me have a 1:1 in the house though:rolleyes:

My wife and I have an agreement for now about my 10’ bike in the apartment. She’s got the rest of the apartment for her hobbies and I have the one room. Works for me haha.
I would do it if I were you. I thought it was rewarding and cool to walk around families and kids in full biker scout armor. But I can’t imagine how it will be having a bike to go with it!

So I am trying to plan the guts of my handlebars support before I start going full throttle on them.
I need them to be sturdy and I’m willing to sacrifice accuracy for practicality. I going to make them pretty much straight instead of a compound bow.
I made a small mock up of the shape out of cardboard for size.
IMG_0231.jpg

I also printed up the fender covers for the rear supports of the handle bars
IMG_0230.jpg
IMG_0229.jpg

**files courtesy of Scout team Six from SoCal**

I am considering making a square peg insert in the body of the bike for stability and strength when assembling on side like this model here. Seems like a good idea. Any thoughts?
IMG_0232.jpg

Happy holidays RPF.
Sad news. Bike took a big tumble the other night and broke off parts of the forks. Looks ugly but it can be reattached more securely.
I will be getting new front plates laser cut from acrylic. Should be a lot stronger.
IMG_0273.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg

Been side hustling during the holidays to get myself some new tools to build the body. Misc saws and power tools. Yeah I can get them CNC’d but I cannot afford that work.
IMG_0275.jpg

Also got some more CAD modeling done recently. Some of the work I’ve been doing.
View attachment 1094412
Slow but steady folks. Stay tuned

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back