$6 Holophoner

Crin

I wanted to make a simple holophoner for a Halloween costume inspired by the Futurama episode The Devil's Hands Are Idle Plaything.

Everything was from the dollar store. Since I was bouncing between working on this and trying to keep my infant son entertained, I was rushing and didn't care too much about craftsmanship as long as it looked mostly like the one from the show.

The holophoner was made from a green recorder, which was masked and painted blue. The front is a bendy straw and the glowing tip is the top from a bottle. The bulb is a rubber ball that I cut holes in and slid on then glued on some sparkly felt stickers for the blue and pink dots. I also bought a cheap LED booklight, dissected it and stuffed it inside so the tip glows.

View attachment 69058

View attachment 69059

I still plan on making the devil's hands to complete the deal. I'll probably make them out of craft foam.

Nice work! There are a bunch of props from Futurama I would love the make myself, the Holophoner being one of the top on the list. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back