3D printed Robocop Suit V.2020 Build- OCP Visit - Project Complete

Hi Chris

So I’ve printed off the “greeblies” for the chest & back - 34 in total!

Are there any instructions on what goes where for assembly?

Think you even made it onto the local news :)
Haha t
Hi Chris

So I’ve printed off the “greeblies” for the chest & back - 34 in total!

Are there any instructions on what goes where for assembly?

There really isn't. I've accumulated quite a bit of reference photos throughout the years so I mostly used those. I could take some pics of the front and back of my armor if that might help you. But I really would search Google images for Robocop Suit related pictures and study the suit. Hope that helps man.

Haha t

There really isn't. I've accumulated quite a bit of reference photos throughout the years so I mostly used those. I could take some pics of the front and back of my armor if that might help you. But I really would search Google images for Robocop Suit related pictures and study the suit. Hope that helps man.
Hi Chris,

I've got loads of reference photos from the web, but as you can imagine, most of them focus on the head/torso. There aren't great references for the rear of the suit etc. Any detailed pics you might happen to have would be a great help :)

Hi Chris,

I've got loads of reference photos from the web, but as you can imagine, most of them focus on the head/torso. There aren't great references for the rear of the suit etc. Any detailed pics you might happen to have would be a great help :)

For sure man go ahead and PM me your email and I'll send you my stash of photos.

Thank you and you pretty much summed up my free time minus my beautiful wife. The mustang has been an ongoing project as well but I have got her running and she has a V8 289 in her that purrs.
Hi! Great job with the 3-D Robocop. I have a fiberglass version of the armor, but need a new mid-section. Can you help me?

Hi! Great job with the 3-D Robocop. I have a fiberglass version of the armor, but need a new mid-section. Can you help me?
I'm possibly going to do a run in the future. If I do I will probably sell the midsections through my wife and I's Etsy Shop called Betsy's Loops Keep an eye out on there it will probably be a few months before I get to it. I'm planning on some other projects and might be laying aside Robocop for just a bit. Thanks for your interest I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
A dream of mine for a long time was to be able to actually visit Dallas City Hall and some other locations where the OCP building was used for the original 1987 film. I always had in the back of my mind that it would be awesome to be able to wear the suit to these locations...and be able to go up the actual elevator Robocop used in my own suit. Yesterday I was able to do so! I think it's a perfect finale for the finished suit and I thank everyone here who has supported the build. I had an absolute amazing time being able to walk OCP in the suit.....almost felt like home!

51675789995_b120eaf204_c.jpg

51675587399_22a18d0fa0_c.jpg

51674112927_97a897f0a3_c.jpg

51675154803_4ed1f5b744_c.jpg

51675586769_d860e8dfff_c.jpg

51675787805_de2c52a0fb_c.jpg

51674111277_a63b6d18d9_c.jpg

51675585319_8fc47689a2_c.jpg

51675152633_7fc07fc9cb_c.jpg

51675584514_3b81f12bf1_c.jpg

51675785755_90ce81e95a_c.jpg

51675583784_711b9399e6_c.jpg

51675583299_c0ef017a35_c.jpg

51675582804_ae0ed86c54_c.jpg

51675149753_9d4c67bc45_c.jpg

51674911686_e446a76f1d_c.jpg

51674105947_e365e7d2e7_c.jpg

51675147893_d317eed4e1_c.jpg

51675594259_eb3d61059a_c.jpg

Last edited:

A short video I did of Robocop returning to OCP
This is one of the reasons I like the featured pictures on the front page.....as its so easy to miss really awesome stuff like this. (and I'm quoting it so get an alert and see this response, hopefully)
Very nice job. But....were there no people around? I'd love to see anyones reactions to you walking around like this.

Hey everyone I wanted to post a new thread of another Robocop suit I'll be building. This version is much different and better then the DO3D files I used back in 2016 which thread is here 3D printed Robocop suit 1987 build- COMPLETE. For the time those files were great and allowed me to build quite an awesome Robocop suit but I had to do an extreme amount of modifications and rebuilding to get it the most accurate I could and it took me around two years to complete. These files were designed by Darthasen and are much more accurate to the film to the point where I won't have to do any modifications at all other then getting it wearable and doing the body work/clean up/paint. I do plan on wearing this suit when finished.
View attachment 1309732
View attachment 1309733
View attachment 1309734
View attachment 1309735
I've only printed the chest so far and glued it together but it still needs a bit of body work. So far the files are printing like butter and I'm really pleased with the design and quality. The back armor is printing at the moment. I hope you guys enjoy another ride.
View attachment 1309736
View attachment 1309737
View attachment 1309738

Here is a link to the files if anyone is interested Robocop sut for 3d printing
Woaou !! spendid

Thanks everyone for the kind words its much appreciated. It was an absolute blast filming everything and very nostalgic and or surreal. We actually filmed everything on Veterans Day November of last year so fortunately for us Dallas City Hall was closed that day so not very many people were around and it was easy to film. There were still a few people around that seemed pretty blown away and were very aware some of Robocop was filmed there.

The Plaza of Americas where the elevator scene was filmed is very strict and they don't allow photography or filming inside anymore but when they saw me in the suit the manager gave the green light and permitted us to film. I met a worker there that remembered when they filmed that scene back in the 80s when he started working there and that was pretty cool. Overall nothing but positive vibes all around.

Thanks everyone again for looking!

Hey Chris. Amazing work on the Suit! Best I've ever seen. I did the Do3D files a few years ago. Got them printed but I ended up moving in 2020 and trashed it all. Glad I found your youtube channel. I picked up the files from Asen today. Started looking at the helmet today for fit. Did you find that the files fit you decent as is or did you have to scale them up or down? I am thinking trying 98% scale on the helmet.

Hey Chris. Amazing work on the Suit! Best I've ever seen. I did the Do3D files a few years ago. Got them printed but I ended up moving in 2020 and trashed it all. Glad I found your youtube channel. I picked up the files from Asen today. Started looking at the helmet today for fit. Did you find that the files fit you decent as is or did you have to scale them up or down? I am thinking trying 98% scale on the helmet.
In all honestly I didn't have to scale anything to fit right. I'm 5'11 185lbs and 34 inch waist. I did scale up the shoulder rings for the chest and back but that is just cosmetic and nothing to do with fitment. Head circumference for each person can definitely be different though. Thank you very much sir. If you need any help please let me know.

Oi Cris. Trabalho incrível no Suit! Melhor que eu já vi. Eu fiz os arquivos Do3D alguns anos atrás. Mandei imprimir, mas acabei me mudando em 2020 e joguei tudo fora. Ainda bem que encontrei seu canal no youtube. Peguei os arquivos de Asen hoje. Comecei a olhar para o capacete hoje para o ajuste. Você achou que os arquivos se ajustavam bem a você ou precisou aumentá-los ou reduzi-los? Estou pensando em tentar escala de 98% no capacete.
Olá amigo, não estou encontrando os arquivos para comprar, pode me enviar o link?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back