3D Printed Props - Starting with Captain America helmet

EDR

Hello,
I have been lucky enough to have access to a 3D printer and design tools so I decided to make some props that I always wanted. The first one that came to mind was a Captain America helmet somewhat based off of the Ultimates comic series. Here are the first pics of the 3/4 scale first draft. The oversized embossed "A" and wings were done for this scale test. I think the final version will just have a painted "A" and two piece leather chin strap. I will do different versions with different accents, namely the wings and the A, I will also sharpen the cuts for the mask. A movie version will be one of the versions. Please excuse the half skull print holding it up, at the time of the photo it happened to hold it up just right. No this was not supposed to be zombie Cap. Thanks

Last edited:
Re: 3D Printed Props

Very cool. If you perfect your deesign you should do a run of these. Also LOL as soon as I saw those pics I thought Marvel Zombies.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back