3d Blade Runner Blaster Finished!

Hi all. Saw Blade Runner 2049. Loved it. Inspired me to do a repaint on my blaster. Was never satisfied with the colors I used. This time I think I nailed it! Painted the receiver with stainless steel paint. Hated it. Then rubbed flat black arcrylic craft paint into it. What a difference! Made the receiver look darker like steel. Currently working on a case for it as well. What do you think? IMG_20171021_125830.jpgIMG_20171021_125843.jpgIMG_20171021_125915.jpgIMG_20171021_125900.jpg

Looks good, what style of case you using? I used a double wine bottle box for mine (same 3d model) And there's a LED friendly mag available now too

It's an old plywood box which held some kind of scientific instrument. I haven't found a stain I like yet. Everything I've tried makes it look yellowish or a sickly brown. Might leave it unfinished. Working on the stenciling now.

Got my stencils done and first coat of tung oil on the box. Liking it so far!IMG_20171022_160324.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It's based on a design that Kokanee did but I changed the lettering and he gave me the ok to use his idea. Love wood working but im very inexperienced at it.

Thank you. Should I spray a little gloss clear on the receiver to shine it up or leave as is? I think I darkened it too much. Definitely need to paint the barrel.

I'd say clear the parts that are black and leave the rest. I cleared all of mine but its all black (new issue style)
The barrel on these models are 18mm with a 10mm bore so a DIY steel barrel would be cheap enough

Re: 3d Blade Runner Blaster

acetone works well smoothing out abs plastic but pla it just makes it soft... i am afraid its filler primer and sanding to get rid of lines ... finish that by polishing with wire wool and then paint it to the finish you want.... i am in the middle of one as well and i am at the sanding part now... hope that helps buddy.

Thanks did that acetone smoothing before I built the model. As for scale I believe it to be accurate. The grips on it came from Richard Coyle who make fantastic metal reproductions. I had to reshape the grip frame but not much.

Your gun is awesome and this thread is what inspired me to start working on a 3D printed pistol of my own. Do you mind sharing the parts list of what you used for metal screws in your build?

No problem. I didn't get the specific screws for the gun. Just mainly used what I had around. The front receiver screws we're hard drive screws. The grip screws we're bought from my local hardware store. Very small Allen screws. Used just about the same size screw for the mag well. I used set screws in some places where the original gun had Allen screws. On the upper receiver I used very small button head screws from my hardware store. Sorry don't remember sizes. The large screw on the side came from my garage. If you are printing the one I built it should have printable screws. You could propbably figure the size from that?

Thanks for the tips. I ordered a handful of screws from Bolt Depot based on measurements of the 3D printed screws, and figure I can probably pick up anything else from the hardware store.

M3 cap head alan bolts 8mm long and button head M3 alan bolts M5 or M6 (I used one of the two) button head fort the "front sight* and a couple of M3 grub screws for other fastenings and a M3 cap head 20mm to hold the crane in place .... pretty sure that what I used

And 18mm mild steel pipe with a 4mm wall made a good barrel for the model too

Got my stencils done and first coat of tung oil on the box. Liking it so far!View attachment 768137

- - - Updated - - -

It's based on a design that Kokanee did but I changed the lettering and he gave me the ok to use his idea. Love wood working but im very inexperienced at it.

Box is looking good! Check out these faux rounds I found to go inside, I've ordered a set myself: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-Runn...hash=item3af4a0b24e:m:m9U6xMYp_tMQCPDq7BthhYw

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back