37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

That is good Jim,I also have the Honey Comb Mesh I bought that I was going to use but I also want to get the grills and bridge once they become available especially the bridge as this will really make a big difference in the look of the BSG hands down..

Clarence
Your right straight up Clarance, Robiwon is one tough guy on his art For Sure hands down all the way. Thanks Jim

Thanks guys, but I can't take credit for the work on the engine mesh or the bridge. I have to give credit where credit is due. A co-worker is doing the mesh, Craig, and FZ6, a member here and on SSM, did the bridge for me.

Oh, and speaking of the bridge, did I mention that IT IS DONE?!?!?!?

Check it out! This should be up on Shapeways any time now.

And if you guys don't know FZ6, he's the one who does all the cool MPC Falcon parts on Shapeways!!!

One more thing, he's going to re-scale it for all your guys Moebius kit as well.

Attachments

• GALACTICABRIDGE_zpse20f6018.jpg
    GALACTICABRIDGE_zpse20f6018.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 87
  • GALACTICABRIDGE2_zpsb938cb0a.jpg
    GALACTICABRIDGE2_zpsb938cb0a.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 89
  • GALACTICABRIDGErender_zps4c32f190.jpg
    GALACTICABRIDGErender_zps4c32f190.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 115
Sadly, he won't be re-scaling this for the Moebius after all. It would cause the price to nearly double! So this will just be for the Salzo kit.

Cool Stuff, For Sure Robiwon, Congrats to you also you are the one who got this bridge started in the first place. Yep Thanks Jim

Hey kids.... my Salzo BSG arrived a while back and has been spread out on my dining room table ever since while I try to confirm all parts are present. This is mostly due to losing my mother board a week ago, but I have a machine back together and started investigating online sources.... which there aren't too many of as of yet.

Without an instruction sheet or CD, or some sort of parts inventory photo it's hard for me to confirm everything is complete. I do know I'm missing the large domes with the X ribs across the top, and I can't see which parts should cover the gap between the engine side pieces. (not sure if I'm missing something there too). I'll post a few pic's here of what I have.

If anyone notices something obviously missing, please let me know. Better yet, if there's a definitive part inventory out there some where, that would be cool to have.

Thanks

Attachments

• SalzoBSG 001.jpg
    SalzoBSG 001.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 103
  • SalzoBSG 002.jpg
    SalzoBSG 002.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 109
  • SalzoBSG 003.jpg
    SalzoBSG 003.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 94
Hey Guys, I need to check in with Martyn about his dome, I see it's up on shapeways now, I had wanted to print one off and cast up a bunch for everyone for free but want to be sure it's ok with him. That part was omitted on most recent kits because i wanted to send out the upgrades.

A definitive instruction guide will be done, but not likely until winter. I have the V4 x wing run, the ROTJ at st, and a 1/72nd scale macross monster kit run that are all happening before the real cold gets here.

There are a few other odds and ends upgrades that i want to send to everyone as soon as i can.

I am looking forward to doing the instructions because i really want one of these built for myself, the first prototype build is long gone and i am without a kit for myself at this point..

I'll have more news as soon as i can, I am working almost every free minute now to catch up after the spider bite delay.

thanks for everyone's understanding
mike

Mike, glad you have recovered from the spider bite. Did you gain any superhero powers as a result?

That's great news Mike.... I'll thank you in advance for your efforts on the BSG build guide.

Also, good to see you out here posting again..... Hopefully you are fully recovered from your insectoid encounter!

Holy heck Mike, take care! :O

Dude of course grab it, that model's been online forever, or it was *supposed* to be, Shapeways is flakey sometimes and they change their system so often I can't keep up so it might have been a setting I got wrong. I kinda assumed nobody was interested, aheh. I DO have other bits in the works, honest, but all my PC time is getting taken up on huuuuuuuge projects lately. :(

Cheers,
Martyn

- - - Updated - - -

PS MONSTAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Count me as a pre-order for that one, please! :) :)

Awesome, so no one needs to buy the dome on Shapeways, i will order it, clean it, mold it, make a gang mold and start getting these out to people asap. Thanks Martyn, it's a nice improvement for the kit for sure!

And yeah, monster pattern is almost done! Another huge kit of course....

006_zps55d06bcd.jpg

Holy heck Mike, take care! :O

Dude of course grab it, that model's been online forever, or it was *supposed* to be, Shapeways is flakey sometimes and they change their system so often I can't keep up so it might have been a setting I got wrong. I kinda assumed nobody was interested, aheh. I DO have other bits in the works, honest, but all my PC time is getting taken up on huuuuuuuge projects lately. :(

Cheers,
Martyn

- - - Updated - - -

PS MONSTAAAAAAAAHHHHH! Count me as a pre-order for that one, please! :) :)

oh yeah,love the monster.i got the 1/160 scale kit but in this size/scale that will be a beast.i think i'm interested in this as well.:)

Sadly, he won't be re-scaling this for the Moebius after all. It would cause the price to nearly double! So this will just be for the Salzo kit.

That is really a shame. the bridge looks sweet. Do you know which factor caused the price difference? I am not sure if making duplicates within the same sketch would lower the price or not, but I am sure there are those out there that would be happy to put in an order and then pass on the duplicates.

At any rate, thanks so much for starting the initiative. Looking good as always.

I don't get the double price thing as well. Too sad it won't be available for the Moebius kit.

Glad you are feeling better Mike. Love the Macross stuff.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back