30K MkIV Space Marine Foam Build

limmyhop

Hello
I have been working on a MkIV Space marine build recently and am about half way through building it
In this thread I will post my progress
Some details:
So far I have made Boots, Shins, Thighs(Completed today), Shoulder Pads, Helmet and Bolter
I am using 10mm EVA foam (45kg/m3) for this build bought from Poly Props (which is a great source of foam if you live in the UK)
I am using hot glue to construct the armour
Stilts shall be used in this build
The templates were acquired from Pilerud's big folder of pepakura stuff
Legion is yet to be decided

THE BUILD
These are the legs I have created with the thighs being finished today though they are roughly finished and still require sanding and filling on the seams

IMG_20170902_184050.jpgIMG_20170831_222759.jpgIMG_20170831_211002640.jpg
Right now these parts lack detail which will be added later, they also don't look much different form MkVII legs though this should change when the knees are added which is what I'll be doing tomorrow
IMG_20170831_222637.jpgIMG_20170822_081336.jpg
Here we have the Bolter which just needs work done on the grip and needs a top rail added the contruct of this is foam layered up with a 40mm pvc barrel and some stick out the wood inside the grip to make it less flimsy(real professional I know right?)

Tomorrow I shall dig my helmet and shoulders out of the shed to photograph and post and I shall also make the knees and cut out my templates for the torso

Any way thats the post for today

Feel Free to ask any questions, suggestions and advice welcome

Last edited:
Added the Knee Pads and found the rest of the armour which i had done a bit of filling on.
I defiantly need to do some reshaping with a heat gun to make it more stream lined.
IMG_20170903_231628265.jpg
Up next I'm making doing torso templates

When using hotglue to build your armor,I would advise against using the heatgun after the gluing stage.Chances are you're going to have to start over again.

When using hotglue to build your armor,I would advise against using the heatgun after the gluing stage.Chances are you're going to have to start over again.
I've never encountered this problem it only melts the excess glue on the seam so I heat it up any way to clear the seams, as a matter of fact I have more difficulty separating joins so I'm unsure if that's my heat gun, hot glue or the thickness of the foam.

But thank you for the warning

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back