24 inch SW Moldy Crow scratcbuild!

LastBattlestar

Here's a scratchbuild project I've been tinkering with for the last month. I'm trying to speed it along as I have other major projects on the bench!:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Full build thread here. Sorry, initial build pics missing, but comments welcome. Also looking for a new name for the bird.:confused

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=6495

Thanks for looking!

Mike, Oz

Thought the scale was bigger, though...didn't the cutscenes have pilot/copilot sitting side-by-side like the Falcon?

No matter, looks awesome.

Great build!!! The detail around the cockpit and engine area is fantastic. I loved playing the game and you have done more than enhance the ship in a real life construction. A wonderful piece to go long with your others. Well done!

Thanks guys for the kind comments. Lot's of people are concerned that I'm neglecting the Galactica. 10 years into the build: she's in good hands!

I had no clue about the Crow's existence until I saw Stefan's beautiful replica a year or so ago, so mine's a pretty loose interpretation of the ship seen in the game. Heck, I just love to greeble things up and thought the design would look better with some high performance engine mods. It's Corellian after all...:cool

I'm still struggling with colour choices and a name for the thing. Fire away!

Mike, Oz

Thought the scale was bigger, though...didn't the cutscenes have pilot/copilot sitting side-by-side like the Falcon?

No matter, looks awesome.

I know Kyle and Jan sit side-by-side in the Raven's Claw (the ship they have in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast), but I can't remember in the Moldy Crow.

Very nice. I always like seeing people doing their own work instead of buying something already made. :thumbsup

Now I just need to find your thread that features that big grey spaceship :eek behind the Crow.

I've been told that the pilots sit in this configuration, but the guy at the front over on the left hand side. Living in Australia, I could never in good conscience build a vehicle with the driver on the left hand side.:)

A few more progress pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

SLK, regarding my Galactica, click on the linky in my sig line. It's quite an epic story. Grab a beer, sit back and read on...:lol

Mike, Oz

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate your kind comments!:)

I'm adding some colour and chipped paint effects to her now:

attachment.php

I've also built the window frames, but think they need to be a different colour to make them stand out as a styling feature. Any suggestions- red, pale blue like an X wing maybe?

attachment.php

Mike, Oz

This is an awesome build of a very cool ship! As regards the frames...gunmetal? i think colour highlights on the window frames would detract from the overall scheme....

Rich

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back