2022 Kenobi Series Lightsaber Screen Caps SPOILERS

From 4k hdr
I was also on the side that there was a scratch-made hero saber based on what SP Sabers said, but I'm starting to lose faith in that idea.

You'd think that if there was a scratch-made hero saber, this would be the time to use it— unless I'm just blind and this isn't a modified MR? I honestly don't have as good an eye for this specific prop (yet).

At the very least, the gear greeblie doesn't match the detail presented by SP (who based the change on unique details he said he saw on the scratch made prop), but the rotation of the pommel matches up.
Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 8.04.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 8.05.05 PM.png

Last edited:
I know they wanted to gives AOTC vibes with the flashback, but it would have been really cool
If they had adapted their TCW looks.
I was hoping for this exactly. I think clone wars era flashbacks would have been better suited to both actor age, and costumes. I wasn’t super impressed with how poorly they replicated the AOTC costumes, but there would have been no live action comparison for CW costumes.

View attachment 1590642

This is definitely longer than a standard hero saber. If you have a ROTS saber on hand, try grabbing it with both hands, you won't be able to see the emitter, grenade and booster. If Ewan's hands are anything like mine, and I have relatively small hands. The saber would have to be at least 3.5" longer than the hero
Here's a picture of a couple ROTS stunt Obi-Wan sabers for comparison. They could have reused some of these, or cast new ones from old moulds.
Most of the body is a smooth tube, and the different sections look like they were achieved with tape, and they weren't too picky at achieving Hero prop-accurate proportions as the clamp and 'nade sections are the same length. You can even see silver at the top of the 'nade section on one.

Stunt sabers.jpg

Yea, that’s what amazes me about these new fights and choreography. They have clear LED blades and electronics in the handle, maybe even components for timing the flashes?

I do miss the sticks though, now the fights are all VERY kendo.. One or two heavy handed thwacks and they move apart.

Came across this. I noticed the Obi-Wan prop’s blade length was shorter than normal in a lot of shots (especially in their first duel in this series). I understand it’s probably for more safety for the action and they’re more sturdy or something…but when they don’t animate it the rest of the way it looks silly. Anyway.

Attachments

• BF2AECA3-07E7-4634-84E5-6293EBD7B44B.jpeg
    BF2AECA3-07E7-4634-84E5-6293EBD7B44B.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 223
Check this out! Roman’s mashup with a touched up clear screen cap…don’t mind the power wire…. Buddy on FB made a neat video with an overlay. Not trying to confirm what the prop is on screen but it looks damn close and super cool! Appreciate the clear shot we got in the last episode.

Also, a text notification goes off mid video. Watch it with no audio.

Attachments

• 8FADD339-4DBD-4CC4-91D6-61142C0B4F84.jpeg
    8FADD339-4DBD-4CC4-91D6-61142C0B4F84.jpeg
    634.7 KB · Views: 220
  • AB90D8A8-43C1-48B1-88FC-6534EB20AC5C.jpeg
    AB90D8A8-43C1-48B1-88FC-6534EB20AC5C.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Here's a little replica I whipped up. The emitter is just a Roman's metal one, although I believe the original prop I saw had a resin emitter. There were also a couple more set screws to keep things together on the neck and windvane parts, but otherwise this mockup is pretty close. Just something I banged together on a slow day :)
OWK D+stunt3.jpg
OWK D+stunt2.jpg
OWK D+stunt.jpg

I spent bit of time drawing up the Long Stunt saber that Saberz posted about. What do you all think of the model? Anything that seems off?

I think there were at least two versions of the Long stunt. One with a thick neck and big thick grip rings,
longer stunt owk 4.jpg

and one with a thinner neck and a more pineapple grenade grip, al la the hero prop
owk d+ long stunt detailed.jpg

Longer OWK stunt.jpg

Yeah I only saw the top version. I didn’t see reference of the bottom one. Your model looks good to me except for one thing. The control box is NOT a big recessed rectangle. It’s just a scribed line.

Thanks. I drew it as a recess with the idea that It might make a good place for a rectangular activation button. But, thanks for clarifying!

Just from that screenshot it seems even the thicknecked one has vertical… something on the grips, a groove but not enough to be pineappley … and a rounder shoulder

Model looks excellent, I wonder if the thin necked one wasn’t strong enough for contact

Just from that screenshot it seems even the thicknecked one has vertical… something on the grips, a groove but not enough to be pineappley … and a rounder shoulder

Model looks excellent, I wonder if the thin necked one wasn’t strong enough for contact
Could be the parting line. It’s prominent.

Yea, that’s what amazes me about these new fights and choreography. They have clear LED blades and electronics in the handle, maybe even components for timing the flashes?

I do miss the sticks though, now the fights are all VERY kendo.. One or two heavy handed thwacks and they move apart.
My problem with the lit blades is less to do with practicality of the choreography, and more with the fact that they illuminate the whole screen, and I hate how that looks. Lightsabers shouldn't be flashlights.

My problem with the lit blades is less to do with practicality of the choreography, and more with the fact that they illuminate the whole screen, and I hate how that looks. Lightsabers shouldn't be flashlights.
I think what made it more noticeable was that most of the lightsaber scenes were at night or a space with little natural lighting like indoors.

But I agree. It was very very bright. Lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back