***2013 SECRET SANTA THREAD*** Sign up now CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a great experience, to be certain. It was great to meet my SS and make a local prop friend. It was just as awesome to watch my gift be unpacked and appreciated. That totally made the experience.
Can't wait for next year.

Secret Squirrel! Who are you!?!?

Regulars to the SS may know that one member somehow got my address and sends me a little gift each year under the alias "Secret Squirrel". This year was no exception!

A huge thank you for this Doctor Who trivia book! I have been through almost the whole thing already. :lol

uploadfromtaptalk1388976611560.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Secret Squirrel! Who are you!?!?

Regulars to the SS may know that one member somehow got my address and sends me a little gift each year under the alias "Secret Squirrel". This year was no exception!

A huge thank you for this Doctor Who trivia book! I have been through almost the whole thing already. :lol

View attachment 271034

I got that from my fiancee's mom for x-mas too!

Do you know what this means???

Your fiancée's mom is SECRET SQUIRREL!

Dun duuuun duuuuuuuuuuuunnnnn!!!!

AHA!!!! Mystery solved! :lol

One day I will find out, and when I do drinks are on me. :thumbsup

I opened mine tonight, and it is definitely the most unique gift I have ever received, just because of that I think it is awesome! The only problem is that it's a "custom" iPod dock, and I don't own an iPod :facepalm ....at least not yet ;)

Here are a few quick pictures I took:
View attachment 267783
View attachment 267784
View attachment 267785
View attachment 267786
And here's the instructions/description:
View attachment 267796

My secret santa (Fuzzual) described it as "What Malcolm Reynolds would have in Serenity if he owned an iPod", and even without an iPod I think it's cool just because it looks like a control panel from Serenity! Not to mention it has an 80gb hard drive inside of it (which according to my SS will come up as "Serenity" when plugged into my computer), and if I am right I can still use the HD without an iPod.

I've never really been a fan of Apple products, which is why I don't own and iPod (nor have I ever owned one). However after receiving this I think I will have to buy an older iPod Touch or something, just so that I can use it.

Thank you very much Fuzzual!

Definitely get an ipod touch for this. Well worth it just for getting the full functionality! :lol

VERY cool gift. :)

Also, since it's the 25th here where I am now...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT! HO HO HO!

Well I figured I would come and update this, I got a 16gb iPod Touch (1st gen I'm pretty sure) today, and best of all I didn't even have to pay for it!

I posted a want ad on a Gun Trader forum I am a member of (also had an ad on CraigsList) that said I was interested in buying a decent condition older generation iPod touch. Surprisingly I got a reply from one of the Premium Supporters of the Gun Trader forum saying he had an old iPod touch he hadn't used since he got his iPad, and that if I came and picked it up I could have it for free :D

I've already got a few hundred songs loaded onto it, but unfortunately I haven't been able to test out the Control Panel yet, because I don't even own a stereo system :facepalm (I only listen to music on my smartphone/headphones or in my car). Although I have already started shopping around for a cheap set-up, and once I get everything I plan to try and make the entire system look like the Control Panel (as well as have the buttons actually function).

I have no idea how I am going to do it, and I'm sure it will take a few months at minimum, but I am looking forward to trying :popcorn Thanks again Fuzzual!

EDIT - I have no idea why the attachments aren't working, but just in case anyone missed it here is the iPod dock Fuzzual made me:
1224132137.jpg

Last edited:
YAY! Got there this time. Never got your shipping name from Orange, so I had to put your RPF name on it. :p Btw, pretty psyched to find a local RPFer. You should come to Galaxyfest here in Feb with your Pyro. My fiancé has a red spy, and I could see if my blue Femme!Spy is in operable condition, too.

Yeah, I might go there if my aunt allow me to. But I am not sure I can stay in my costume indoor! It is such a bad costume to wear for a long time:lol. I never went to comic conventions in US, so it will be a very new experience for me. By the way, my friends are envying me about the patches! Haha

Still no Gift received :(

It's in the works. Your Santa is European (overseas shipping times) and frequently "on service" away from home so he wasn't able to get a replacement out right away. I've been in constant contact with him so hold out hope.

If you have any concerns you can always PM me. You haven't been forgotten. :)

It's in the works. Your Santa is European (overseas shipping times) and frequently "on service" away from home so he wasn't able to get a replacement out right away. I've been in constant contact with him so hold out hope.

If you have any concerns you can always PM me. You haven't been forgotten. :)

Have faith I you just an update, Thanks Ill keep it in PM from now on :)

Tuesday i'm back home i'm have my package ready ill trow in something extra too Cause of the wait
Just Need to get decen packaging so i'm certain it Will arrive in one piece ;)
Srry mockle that it got lost in transit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back