2001 Space Station WIP

I have to wonder. What is your total budget for this so far? It's a marvelous and highly detailed build and I can only imagine how much you had to spend on it. I have a hard time finessing my build budget even designing simple kits.

So far I'm at $1500 for supplies (cardboard, Bristol paper, glue and some greeblies I had to buy: combs to have the teeth for my tensing cables for example). I thought that I could, at the beginning, keep the cost under a $1000, but as you said, sometime the unexpected happens and your budget is blown out of the water...such is life;)

Your cost overruns was worth it. The photos you posted of the illuminated hanger bay is mesmerizing. I can't stop looking at it! Fantastic build!

IMG_20161215_174235_edit1.jpg IMG_20161215_174351_edit_edit.jpg IMG_20161215_174750_edit.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

B&W pics to test the light: major fail on that one...the light is not even (Xmas lights don't work obviously) I'll to try something else:angry

I actually like it better in black and white.

I'd like to see you design your own space station.

If money were no object--you'd really want concentric rings, and for the spokes to be curved.

The outer-most ring would be a two story affair--the uper story--Venus gravity--the lower/outermost ring--Earth.

Then a Mars ring--a Moon ring and a Ceres. The outer section of the hub--Vesta--and as you float/walk to the Zero G core along the spiral spoke ramp--you see images of ever smaller objects in the solar system--and the gravity of each.

A BEYOND Yorktown half-dome is over the whole ring--on the one side that faces Earth (to eliminate meteors). A flat section with solar panels, mini-domes and radiators on the space facing side

That's sounds a lot like the underwater hotel the designer did for the movie...ended up into poster form that you can see in the station scene with Floyd and the Russian (it's near the reception area):)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back