$20 Near-Screen Accurate Grant Raptor Claw (with a catch)

PHArchivist

Master Member
Its a bottle opener...

Licensed
Metal
Fairly solid
Claimed to be from original prop
Fun...

IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0013.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG

Only for personal use. I didn't mention it because it's recasting. For a one off, I couldn't justify the cost of making the mold when I could modify the existing piece for much less.

I rather like it as is, makes for an interesting conversation piece every time you grab it at a party to open a bottle. But I wouldn't mind filling in the gap at the top and painting it to more like the original prop, assuming that I can manage to seal it well enough so the paint doesn't chip off too readily.

Only for personal use. I didn't mention it because it's recasting. For a one off, I couldn't justify the cost of making the mold when I could modify the existing piece for much less.

Thought of that too, respect, and agree.

Last edited:
I rather like it as is, makes for an interesting conversation piece every time you grab it at a party to open a bottle. But I wouldn't mind filling in the gap at the top and painting it to more like the original prop, assuming that I can manage to seal it well enough so the paint doesn't chip off too readily.

Its fun just to mess with in your hands while watching TV, much like Grant does in the film. "Feels" right...

Strictly one off copy so you can have a prop and a still usable kitchen accessory.

If you only want a shelf sitter than a little epoxy putty and paint and your good.

It's definitely a cool idea and I'll get one. Thanks for sharing!

Buuut, Key words here, "Based On" the original prop. Would someone really miss the opportunity to say "cast from" or "molded from" the original prop?

A quick image search and it doesn't really hit my eye like the original...

Cool just the same! Love to stand corrected.

-Rylo

It's definitely a cool idea and I'll get one. Thanks for sharing!

Buuut, Key words here, "Based On" the original prop. Would someone really miss the opportunity to say "cast from" or "molded from" the original prop?

A quick image search and it doesn't really hit my eye like the original...

Cool just the same! Love to stand corrected.

-Rylo

Its fun just to fiddle with - and for $20 you can't go wrong.

AND...

Its functional!

Thanks PHArchivist for the heads up on this! Bought one and did a quick mod and paint and it will work the part in my Jurassic Park display.
74F37E22-A070-4262-82E8-179895DE50BE.jpeg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back