2-1B Replacement Build

there was nothing behind the grill when on tour in scotland (art of star wars), they keep changing stuff and replacing bits and bobs on these exhibits so unless you can confirm it on screen i would take a lot of parts with a pinch of salt. the side spikes on the side of 2-1b head for example.
View attachment 1373481
That would explain why I didn't see it. Yaaay.

Got the lights wired up and installed. I followed Zorg's method and used Apoxie Sculpt and it works brilliantly!

IMG_9824.jpg

IMG_9829.jpg

Eye details all glued in place

IMG_9827.jpg

Neck install tonight and final weathering!

Had to completely re-work the LEDs with new ones and resistors. It was a nice little project to distract me from my 48 year old brother in law having a heart attach and passing away yesterday evening. We had a cool relationship and he loved Star Wars too. I'm still in shock!

IMG_9881.jpg

Here's what I came up with - 12V battery, on/off toggle switch, RF remote control with credit card style remote with 100% 50% 25% and adjustable dimming in any setting. Works great for $3.50 on eBay!

IMG_9884.jpg

Apoxie Sculped these in place. I'll add the neck tomorrow and figure out where to secure the toggle switch, battery box, and RF receiver. Rotten last 24 hours!

2-1B's paint was too shiny, so I masked off the mic, neck, & alice band and shot a coat of flat lacquer over the weathering and I like it much better now! Hose will arrive tomorrow and he'll be done! After building two of these and working on a commission to add details, I’m much happier with how this came out over my first.

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back