1980's Flash Gordon Props?

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Has anyone tried to make these or have the originals?
1) Laser Gun
2) Vultan's Club
3) Vultan's Remote Control (for the hovering platform)
4) Golden Sword
5) Ming's ring (to make women dance all sexy like.)

FlashProps.jpg

I've got an original Laser rifle...

It's one of the gold plated ones carried by Ming's guards. (excuse the crappy pics and the case... I ordered one with a black background and hooks to hold the gun, but got this instead... still waiting on a replacement)

[image]http://home.rochester.rr.com/jaypics/DSCF0318.jpg[/image]
[image]http://home.rochester.rr.com/jaypics/largepic.jpg[/image]

I would love to have all the ones you listed...

-Jay

Anyone have any good pics of the big gun that Prince Baron takes off the tripod mount and uses? I always thought that was a cool gun.

Well, hell...Now, the song's gonna be in my head all day. Thanks.

Flash...ah' aaaaaaaa.

Flash - a-ah - he's a miracle
Flash - a-ah - king of the impossible

Great song. I miss Queen.

Just a heads up the last time I was looking at the Propstore of London they had a screen used club that was the same as Vultan's club but painted gold.

Originally posted by The Watchman@Apr 11 2006, 08:01 AM
Anyone have any good pics of the big gun that Prince Baron takes off the tripod mount and uses? I always thought that was a cool gun.
[snapback]1224272[/snapback]​

Hey there,

If anyone gets the Profiles in History Hollywood Auction catalog, #24 has a good pic of Barin's laser cannon/rifle - I can scan & post pics when I get home. This same issue also has a hawkman sword, the executioner's drum, and Aura's epaulettes.

Just realized, PIH has a website, here'e a link to a .pdf of the relevant pages in the catalog -

http://204.200.196.80/pdf/A24_51-100.pdf

Pages 63-65 for the Flash Gordon stuff.

If anyone wants bigger scans, let me know.

Thanks,

Brian

When I was a kid my dad did a plumbing job at the studio where they were filming Flash Gordon (Pinewood, I think). He came home with one of those huge cannons that the Hawkmen use, and a big fat book of original storyboards.

Imagine my surprise when my mum threw both in the rubbish the moment I left home. Along with all my die-cast Gerry Anderson Toys, toy Daleks, action figures, the lot.

Gotta love family :angry

We need to have RocketBobs post here with all of his Flash stuff.
"Dispatch War Rocket Ajax, To bring back his body."

Originally posted by Hedjii72@Apr 11 2006, 06:39 AM
Moonwalker, what is the origin of the book you show, with the guard photos spread?
[snapback]1224219[/snapback]​

It's a shot from the booklet that came with the press kit.

-Jay

a klytus mask, or even the rings he wore would be pretty cool. the entire costume would be remarkably easy compared to something like mings wardrobe :)

its on my top 10 "wanna own" replicas, sometime in my life, list :)

chris

The latex tree stump creature still exists somewhere. Either someone here posted a pic or it was in one of the auction catalogs, but I remember seeing it.

There's a great Photo of it in an old Starlog, I think Martin Bower created it along with the Miniature Spaceships for the Film.

If I find the Issue I'll let you know.

Originally posted by Marvin Martian 68@Apr 11 2006, 09:17 PM
The latex tree stump creature still exists somewhere. Either someone here posted a pic or it was in one of the auction catalogs, but I remember seeing it.
[snapback]1224806[/snapback]​

Originally posted by Rylo@Apr 11 2006, 01:52 PM

Flash...ah' aaaaaaaa.
[snapback]1224302[/snapback]​

The best Queen song was the Flash Gordon "theme" song. It was a great movie.

Originally posted by SirJediKnightTim+Apr 12 2006, 09:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SirJediKnightTim @ Apr 12 2006, 09:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Rylo
@Apr 11 2006, 01:52 PM

Flash...ah' aaaaaaaa.
[snapback]1224302[/snapback]​

The best Queen song was the Flash Gordon "theme" song. It was a great movie.
[snapback]1225388[/snapback]​
[/b]
Now you're talking crazy. Maybe the best Queen movie song was "Flash Gordon" but there are so many other really very well done Queen tunes.

Back on track, Klytus mask all the way. He looks more like Doctor Doom than the FF movie version did.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back