#1: Captain America Shield -- AoU Movie Style (WIP)

More updates! Today I finished assembling the 'leather' straps using strips of cardboard that I wrapped in duct tape. I also managed to paint the bracket silver. Then I glued everything together and secured it with more duct tape.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434813410.792226.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434813430.391590.jpg

I did a mock-up of the completed bracket with the rest of the shield.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434813460.831844.jpg

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

Today I glued the 9 segments for the blue circle onto the centre of the shield. I'll begin painting these tomorrow and add the silver star later on in the week.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434891715.329848.jpg

This was only a short update, but if anyone has any criticism or advice post it below and I'll try to reply ASAP.

That looks very good! :D

- - - Updated - - -

That looks very good!

Thanks. :)

Yesterday I painted the centre circle with some blue paint and atached the silver star. It's starting to look like a Cap shield now. ;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435154093.713413.jpg

I also painted the inside of the shield using a coat of dark grey paint. Not exactly accurate to the movie shield but I'm happy with the overall look so far. Here's a mock-up with the bracket on top.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435154161.934418.jpg

I finally finished this prop on Friday (the 26th of June, exactly 1 month after I started it) at around 9pm. The day before I traced the template for the white ring onto a piece of paper 8 times, cut them out and glued them as centrally as possible onto the shield. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435495907.408949.jpg
I finished off by gluing the bracket onto the shield and trimming the arms so that they didn't overhang.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435495993.620994.jpg

Soon enough I'll upload a showcase video onto my YouTube channel and post a link here. In the meantime, let me know what you think of the shield below.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back