1/72 Scale Docking Bay 94

He looks excellent. Nice color transitions between the belly and the rest

Is that from the Jabba the Hutt Throne room kit?

Yes it is from that kit. I'll be working on more today. I'm also thinking about picking up one of those Elegoo Mars resin printers...

Some new additions for the scene:

IMG_20200524_123054_979.jpg

Okay, so I went a little crazy and made an ultra-complete set that includes a dozen doors for a full 360 diorama, and a bunch of other details like the vertical posts on the "southern" side of the set (if the engines are at the north, say) and the little box with wires coming out of it next to the blue box. I also made a bunch of the wall drain type thingies that appear everywhere. But those take up a lot of room and thus add considerable expense to the print. What do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 10.20.56.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-25 at 10.20.56.png
    268 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Also noticed a continuity error I'd never seen before - the three L-shaped pipes with a control panel on the left of the screen as our heroes enter the docking bay has three equally tall pipes in the wide shot, but the right-hand pipe is shorter on the medium shot.

Also the curved section of the pipe has a slightly wider diameter than the vertical. I've now replicated that on my model, but it does look a bit fake as a result. Hrm.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 10.32.27.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 10.32.27.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 154
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 10.33.28.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 10.33.28.png
    700.6 KB · Views: 155
Okay, so I went a little crazy and made an ultra-complete set that includes a dozen doors for a full 360 diorama, and a bunch of other details like the vertical posts on the "southern" side of the set (if the engines are at the north, say) and the little box with wires coming out of it next to the blue box. I also made a bunch of the wall drain type thingies that appear everywhere. But those take up a lot of room and thus add considerable expense to the print. What do you think?

I'm looking to add as much detail as possible to the scene. So anything that adds to that detail is good in my book! Maybe if they were included as a separate print?

Well, if they're a separate print they still cost money. Plus you'd have the setup charges for another print. Unless you went for a cheaper material, and the wall drains could be made from cheap "versatile" plastic if you really wanted.

Anyway. I'm up to about 150 pieces in the ultra complete set. That's a lotta cash, so I doubt anyone will go for it. Still, I might print it myself someday...

11x closed doors
1x openable door
9x ground lights
2x tall cigar-shaped things
8x shipping pallets
1x forklift
3x wall pipes
4x tall flat double boxes with lights
18x large rectangular crates, closed
2x large rectangular crates, open
14x small cube-shaped crates, solid
4x small cube-shaped crates with holes
1x blue mystery box with lights
2x tall tapered flat posts
7x short tapered flat posts
2x low half-domes
1x flanged post
2x open dome-topped post
6x triangular crates
1x low rectangular box
6x tiny aviation fuel pumps
1x control panel on stand
3x L-shaped open pipes with narrower vertical pipes
3x L-shaped open pipes, even pipe diameter
1x rounded-rect flat post
1x tall tapered post
7x medium posts
1x mini box for wires
4x miscellaneous space barrels
12x mini high wall thingies
12x tall wall drains
8x narrow horizontal wall drains

Agreed... it looks like it fits with everything else. I have a dewback on the way, too...

If the Dewback is not too out of scale then it might also be worth it to get the Bantha. I have all three of those in my Wish List for ages now but kept finding other priorities to get

Following with interest!!!!
By the way, have you seen this docking bay diorama?

Cheers !!!

That is a beautiful build! The only issue I have is that the Deagostini Falcon is the ESB version. The ANH version is the one that sits in Docking Bay 94, especially with the scene that diorama is representing, and mine.

Last edited:
Well, who knows, perhaps they wet there after ESB upgrades.... wait the Lando version also had the front side landing gear bays! Lol!
The one thing that feel "against" is the entrance on the wrong side,somehow I feels that it shuould be on the "other" side.

Well, who knows, perhaps they wet there after ESB upgrades.... wait the Lando version also had the front side landing gear bays! Lol!
The one thing that feel "against" is the entrance on the wrong side,somehow I feels that it shuould be on the "other" side.

The Lando version does have the 5 bays until the Kessel Run. After that, it really only had 2 until repairs were done. There are minor differences on top of the 32" version used in ESB as compared to the ANH 5' version. The good news for that build is: the underside will never be seen...lol... So, it doesn't really matter too much. But I know...lol

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back